Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

how to move along?

allinyepyep

• Members
allinyepyep

i lost my best friend, terry, 3 years ago this coming april 22nd. he had just hung up with my other best friend, his wife and went out on a call before he was to head home for lunch. he didn't make it to the call, he didn't make it home. i was to be at their house later that night to hang out before i had surgery the following day. we were close. uber close. and losing him was devistating. it still is. i can't hardly sleep, i cry all the time. everything reminds me of him. including my new husband. terry gave us his blessing before the 1 year anniversary for me and my husband to be together. terry has saved my life twice as well. but i want him here. i miss him and love him and the worst part is that i never got a chance to say goodbye. and i think that is why i can't move forward. i still can't accept that he's gone. the guy that pulled out in front of him and killed him was high and on the phone. there are still things to be dealt with when it comes to that. and they still haven't done anything to him. it's not fair.

why did my best friend get taken away from me? i needed him and he was always there. i still need him and he is gone. it's not fair! i just want him back and i want to know how do i continue?

• Members

i lost my best friend, terry, 3 years ago this coming april 22nd. he had just hung up with my other best friend, his wife and went out on a call before he was to head home for lunch. he didn't make it to the call, he didn't make it home. i was to be at their house later that night to hang out before i had surgery the following day. we were close. uber close. and losing him was devistating. it still is. i can't hardly sleep, i cry all the time. everything reminds me of him. including my new husband. terry gave us his blessing before the 1 year anniversary for me and my husband to be together. terry has saved my life twice as well. but i want him here. i miss him and love him and the worst part is that i never got a chance to say goodbye. and i think that is why i can't move forward. i still can't accept that he's gone. the guy that pulled out in front of him and killed him was high and on the phone. there are still things to be dealt with when it comes to that. and they still haven't done anything to him. it's not fair.

why did my best friend get taken away from me? i needed him and he was always there. i still need him and he is gone. it's not fair! i just want him back and i want to know how do i continue?

Allinyepyep,

I am sorry about the loss of your friend Terry. Have you considered possibly writing him a letter to say goodbye? It may sound odd, but many people get closure from writing their lost loved one a letter saying everything they wanted to say. Then perhaps, you could visit his gravesite or a favorite place you both liked to go, read the letter and either set it aflame or put it away. It may help you move forward.

Also, have you talked to anyone about how you are feeling? Anniversaries are particularly hard dates to get over, and are you perhaps revisiting the events that led up to Terry's passing? You may want to even consider a grief counselor to help you sort through your emotional rollercoaster.

In any case, we will be here for you.

ModKonnie

Archived