Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grief Group

Daffodilfun

• Members
Daffodilfun

Yesterday I went to a grief group offered for free at our local hospital. I was one of 7 and the youngest by 10 years. All of them had lost a spouse and the earliest of those was 3 years. These 6 people had been together in this group for years. They took me in as if I were something special. They did not care that it was 5 weeks or that it was my mother who had passed away or that I was so much younger. I was told that everything I said about mom dying and my feelings were normal and I should expect those feelings to lesson but never disappear. I felt better when I left and I will go back. If you have a group like that where you live I urge you to go.

• Members

Hi,

My dad and I do this at my mom's church and I agree it is really wonderful. I am the youngest in the group at 36 and my dad may be the oldest at 71. Many have lost mother, father, spouse, and even a child. We all have a common bond no matter what. The people are wonderful. They listen without judging it is really a safe place to be. I also urge anyone who may be having a hard time as I know I am to look into a group whether at a hospital, care facility, church they are wonderful and our's is free which helps anyone who may be having financial difficulty. The wonderful people I have met have really made a huge difference in my coping and healing. I still cry daily and my heart aches for my beautiful Mom but the group really does help

• Members

Daffodilfun,

I am so glad you found a good group. It makes a huge difference doesn't it? I know people who don't have grief groups in their area, so they started their own, and believe me, there is a need everywhere.

ModKonnie

Archived