Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sons Birthday March 20th

Tweetymm125@aol.com

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

My son Robs Biirthday is coming up March 20th

My job is giving me grief and I just started antideppresants I feel like I am going crazy I am trying to hold it together . I have to pt on my Happy face t work. I started crying last week at work because I lost my dad.

I was told to "Get it together" I hope the antideppresants help I have to make myself strong so I can find another job. I have been at this one for 17th years and the administrator has been here 8 and she is a cruel monster!

I have been having problems wiyh my memory bt I think that stems from grief My son died from an accidental drug overdose Nov 16 2009

Robs Mom

• Members

Rob's Mom - It's horrible that you are being treated so poorly by your employer, especially having worked there for 17 yrs. Makes me want to punch that bung-hole in the face! Is there anyway that you can get something from your doctor detailing the effects of grief and depression, something similar to a doctor's excuse? Anything that could be submitted to Human Resources Dept? Could a meeting be scheduled between your supervisor, yourself, and her supervisor in which her treatment of you and attitude toward you could be openly addressed? Could you file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor or with her supervisor? I swear, I do not understand how anyone could be so callous towards a grieving parent. Problems with memory and concentration are common to grief. Geez, you've lost your son and your dad, AND your son's birthday is approaching! I get so discouraged with humans. I am hoping that you will be able to find a new job, one with compassionate and supportive people who care for their employees and co-workers. Praying too that the 20th will bring a special visit from Rob....one that will allow you to know he is loving you and with you still. The 20th will be a tough day for me also as it will mark 6 months since my daughter's death. I'll be thinking of you that day.

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

I am going to file a complaint with the department of labor. Hr will not do anything These people are not human. They are the type that would fire me. I was written up for not having enough PTO when my son died.I just started an antidepppresant and I am goiing to get my mental health together . I just can not take too much stress anymore. I have to pay my bills but I am going to be looking for another job I do not wish bad things but God help them if they lose a child They will than know what hell on earth is. You are in my prayers on the 20th. Thankyou for yor kind words

Robs Mom

• Members
TonyRoberts

Rob's mom,

The experience I is similar to your experience. On February 3, 2011, my only son and only child passed away from an overdose. I struggled for a year with the grief before I finally sought help. I actually had my first visit with my psychiatrist on the anniversary of his passing. I was diagnosed with depressive disorder NOS as well as a few that were not pertinent to my feelings over my son. I have been on Zoloft since that day, and I find this to inhibit my filters on what I do and what I say. Before I started the Zoloft, I was very emotional and cried at some of the most simple sad issues, but now, I have not cried about anything since. It worries me for the lack of emotion I have been showing. Travis' birthday is coming up on May 31, and he would be 21, he was 19 when he passed. I have a grand-daughter who is almost 2 yrs old now, and a grand-son who is just over 6 months, both were his. Seems like everyone wants to give advice, knowing they are trying to help, but it is hard for me to take any advice since most I know have never been through this type of loss. My wife is a mental health counselor, and I am a mental health counselor in training, working on a master degree in counseling. I really feel for you with your work place, seems like the only thing that matters to so many is the color green. I have a good idea of how you feel, and if you need to talk, I am here...

Tony

Rob's Mom - It's horrible that you are being treated so poorly by your employer, especially having worked there for 17 yrs. Makes me want to punch that bung-hole in the face! Is there anyway that you can get something from your doctor detailing the effects of grief and depression, something similar to a doctor's excuse? Anything that could be submitted to Human Resources Dept? Could a meeting be scheduled between your supervisor, yourself, and her supervisor in which her treatment of you and attitude toward you could be openly addressed? Could you file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor or with her supervisor? I swear, I do not understand how anyone could be so callous towards a grieving parent. Problems with memory and concentration are common to grief. Geez, you've lost your son and your dad, AND your son's birthday is approaching! I get so discouraged with humans. I am hoping that you will be able to find a new job, one with compassionate and supportive people who care for their employees and co-workers. Praying too that the 20th will bring a special visit from Rob....one that will allow you to know he is loving you and with you still. The 20th will be a tough day for me also as it will mark 6 months since my daughter's death. I'll be thinking of you that day.

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

To Tony Roberts

I am going to see someone My insrance will cover 100%. I am not sure if should see a pyschiatrist or psychologist or grief counselor. I really feel in a very bad way I am so nervous lately and cry alot I just started Celexa 20 Mg I force myself to put on the happy face at work. Now I feel stressed that i may lose this job but I know i havet o find another one because they put more stress on me. Any advice on exactly who I shold see would be helpflll I am sorry that you lost your son to the same thing I did It just sucks A waste of a young life

Robs Mom

• Members

To Tony Roberts

I am going to see someone My insrance will cover 100%. I am not sure if should see a pyschiatrist or psychologist or grief counselor. I really feel in a very bad way I am so nervous lately and cry alot I just started Celexa 20 Mg I force myself to put on the happy face at work. Now I feel stressed that i may lose this job but I know i havet o find another one because they put more stress on me. Any advice on exactly who I shold see would be helpflll I am sorry that you lost your son to the same thing I did It just sucks A waste of a young life

Robs Mom

• Members

To Tony Roberts

Robs Mom

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

To Tina Sykes

It says that you replied to my Post t Sons birthday March 20th but i do not see anythinfg Could you please repost

Thanks Robs MOM

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

To Tina Sykes

It says that you replied to my Post t Sons birthday March 20th but i do not see anythinfg Could you please repost

Thanks Robs MOM

• Members
davincidanes

Happy Birthday, Rob! Celebrate on the wings of Heaven's Angels.

• Members

Happy Birthday Rob!!! Bring peace and angel kisses to your mom today so she can feel you with her. Vivian-Kevin's Mom

Archived