Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A letter to my son

loannie8

• Members

Dear Micah,

My precious son, you were taken from me so quickly--for reasons I can't even begin to understand. You were so strong and brave as you fought through everything life threw your way. I wish I could have shielded you, taken away your pain. I wish I had the power to make this tragedy right somehow.

I think about you everyday! I hope you hear me when I sing, I remember how much you loved that. I'm trying to move on baby boy, because I know that's what you would want. You never made me anything but happy, and that should change now, but I'm finding it hard. I wonder sometimes why the sun didn't stop shining the day your heart stopped beating. I wonder how it is the world doesn't seem to understand what they lost. I understand, I live with the loss everyday. I miss your smile. I miss you laugh. And even though you were never able to say out loud how much you loved me, in my heart, I know that you did.

I'm sorry I could save you! I'm sorry I couldn't take away your pain. But I will never be soory for the 3 years, 9 months, ans 10 days we had together. Thank you for making me better, and thank you for showing how beautiful love could be.

I love you more than tomorrow!

I will see you again someday,

Mommy

Archived