Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Pain and No Help

mrsduc

• Members

I came to this post looking for help and trying to reach out with other parents that have lost a child. For even though people in my life try to understand they just can't. The pain is so deep that I can hardly move at times. I am having panic attacks trying to deal with my son who killed himself. But I think I want to say that I thought I would get more support and help from this sight, I don't know what I expected but I must stop coming to this site. I hope eveyone who has lost a child, in whatever way to know I feel your pain. But I have just felt like I was left out here when I reached out for some people to comfort me and help me. So thank you for nothing, Goodbye A very grieving mom who lost not only her son but her best friend.

• Members

I came to this post looking for help and trying to reach out with other parents that have lost a child. For even though people in my life try to understand they just can't. The pain is so deep that I can hardly move at times. I am having panic attacks trying to deal with my son who killed himself. But I think I want to say that I thought I would get more support and help from this sight, I don't know what I expected but I must stop coming to this site. I hope eveyone who has lost a child, in whatever way to know I feel your pain. But I have just felt like I was left out here when I reached out for some people to comfort me and help me. So thank you for nothing, Goodbye A very grieving mom who lost not only her son but her best friend.

I am so sorry for your loss. Coming here can be very helpful, I'm sorry you feel you haven't had the support you need. Have you tried to post on the "Loss of Adult Child" thread. It seems to be more active. Please don't give up on this site. We all know the pain of loosing a loved one.

• Members

Mrsduc,I am so very sorry for the hurt you feel. I had been concerned for you and private messaged you and I know you said you were going to CA for another service for your son. I had thought you would be busy traveling. Please do not give up on this site. I know it will help,you so much. Everyone has busy lives and sometimes it is hard to learn who everyone is, especially when someone is new. My heart breaks for the pain you are feeling right now. All of us have endured the heartache you are experiencing, Please go to the "loss of adult child" thread and in the right corner at the top, hit reply. Then share your story. More people will see it and reach out to you. Please hang on and reach out....you need a support system during this extremely painful time.

Maddy

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

TPLease do not go away I am so sorry for yor pain I lost myhandsome son 2 years ago to an accidental drug overdose and I just lost my dad 2 days ago You are in my prayers. I feel yourr pain I am sending you hugs and prayers . There are lots of people that love you and care for you Do not ever forget that They need yo u

Robs Mom

• Members

Hi mrsduc,

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. My daughter died in July, and I believe I grieved as hard as any person could possibly grieve over the death of a child. She had been making some terrible choices for several years, and almost died several times. When I got word that she had died I wasn't surprised, and I thought she may have committed suicide. It is a very long story, but I can tell you that I do know exactly how you feel. After talking to Hannah's fiance I finally realized that her death wasn't intentional. Toxicity to Soma, Xynax, and Oxyicodne all prescribed to her is what caused her death.

I also understand how you may have felt left out on this forum. When I first came I felt a little hurt because I thought some people thought of me as an outsider. I'm big on self talk, so I had to make myself realize that most of the people on this forum are grieving relatives of someone who died recently. Also I noticed that most people post on one forum, "Loss of an Adult Child." If you want more people to respond you should post there.

When I figured things out I stopped worrying about how many people respond to my posts. I feel like I need to talk, and this place has been wonderful for that. I've talked about things that I wouldn't feel free to talk about anywhere else, and I know the people here understand. I really hope you don't leave until you give it a little more time. I'm not saying this because I want to help the forum, I'm saying this because I know you can find help here.

If you don't mind, I wish you would read all the stuff some of us have posted on the Forgiveness thread. I just keep talking and finding ways to accept the loss of my beautiful daughter, and live with the guilt of not being able to save her. Time is a great healer, and talking is a great healer too. My heart goes out to you, God bless you.

• Members

Dear one,

I am sick at heart that you feel so abandoned. We try to respond to others the best we can, but sometimes, our own troubles get in the way of our efforts to truly reach out. But I don't think I am being presumptuous when I say that every one here hears you and feels the pain you are feeling. For myself, if I could reach into every life here and make it better, I would. All we can do is be as supportive as we can. There isn't a "plan" or a roadmap for grief and we all travel the road in our best way and for as long as it takes. Sometimes we post brilliantly, and sometimes we don't, but just talking helps, even if you are talking to a photograph (which is what I find myself doing the most!). I know that when I posted to you under the "Blaming myself" topic, I was SO ANGRY for you, so upset that an unkind person had caused you so much pain. So, on that day, perhaps I wasn't so "brilliant". But please know that I do care about you and have held you up before God in my prayers. If you come back again, everyone here will be as kind as they have been to all of us "newbies", but if you don't, know that I will still remember you in my prayers.

Love,

Robyn

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

deleted

Archived