Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

We never forget.

lcampanella

• Members

An article I wrote about the many connections -- both intentional and accidental -- we make with those we've lost was published this morning. I hope you will read, find comfort, comment and/or share. Click here to connect with the blog: http://www.bloggingauthors.com/blogging_authors/2012/1/28/comfort-and-connections-for-a-motherless-daughter.html.

• Members
chandralynn2012

I'm new here..just found this forum a few days ago. I lost my mother February 24-almost 2 weeks ago. To me right now, it feels as though I will never be ok with life again. I am back at work, have been since Monday, but with everything I do it feels like I am going through the motions, and putting on a smile to spare the rest of the world from my pain. I think I start to feel better, then I feel guilty because I am. Yesterday I only cried once- that was at my dad's apartment. He has been with my brother and sister in Kansas City since 2 days after the funeral. He couldn't stand to be here. I was asked to watch over his apartment while he is gone, and every time I go over there, I feel somehow my mom is there too-trying to watch over dad. The evening after mom passed away, my brother and dad were in his living room watching tv, when all of a sudden they heard an alarm going off. They searched the apartment, went outside and looked, and found nothing. They thought maybe someone's fire alarm had gone off and no one was home, so they called the police over. The police came over, and what they found was odd: in my dad's bathroom, since he lives in apartments maintained by the nursing home, he has an emergency call switch-it's a heavy type light switch with a pull string on it-and it takes quite a bit of effort to pull it. It was tripped, the switch was flipped down, causing the emergency light to go off. It was completely something my mom would do-if no one could hear her, she would do anything to get attention. My mom called the police at one nursing home she was in because she thought she was given the wrong dose of morphine. She was not afraid to make a scene to get something done. Since then, every time I go to check on dad's place, I try to call out to mom-thinking she'll give me some sort of sign that she's ok..when she doesn't, I am reminded that she is gone..I am trying so hard to hold onto my faith-my faith in God and heaven and that one day I will get to see her again, but all my heart knows right now is that physically, she is no more.

Archived