Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Almost 1 Week Since My Dad Passed

ClaraM

• Members

I feel lonely when I’m home alone (my dad passed in hospice at our home) 

I feel lonely when I wake up in the morning & immediately remember he’s not home

I feel lonely thinking about my future since I’m only 22 years old, I’m forced to go through years and years of life on Earth without him physically here until I die… that makes me feel lonely

• Angel Wings 1

• Members

I lost my father two weeks ago.  Although I wasn't terribly close to him because he was a closed off guy, the house just feels so empty without his presence here.  I lived with him for 15  years with my stepmom and brother.

I'm 39.  Not quite as young as you.  But i have the same feelings - I'm lonely, a little lost, and unsure about how my future will be without him being here.

Because I liked him where he was.

• Like 1

• Members

The loneliness really really really sucks. And your last sentence “Because I liked him where he was.” Exactly. You perfectly said what I also felt towards my dad.

• Members

Hi Clara, I’m in this forum tonight in the exact same situation as you. I am also 22 and lost my mam 4 months ago. It is very painful especially because she will never see me graduate college, or be there at my future wedding. There’s so many milestones that they won’t see and that can be the most painful moments of all.

the loneliness is hard to deal with, inviting friends over or arranging a trip to get away from the house for a bit might help. I wish you the best, and I’m told that time heals all wounds…. 

• Angel Wings 1

• Members
Peacebewithyou

My dad passed at home in home hospice on January 23, 2023...a few weeks ago.  I feel the same as all of you, although I am much older at 59 and recently retired.  My dad was my rock and inspiration.  I live with regret because I lived 3.5 hours from him and did not get to see him nearly as much as I would have liked over the past 32 years since moving away from my hometown for work.

I am relying on God to help me through this.  You may or may not believe in God, but if you do, He can help with grief.

• Like 2

• Members
6 hours ago, Peacebewithyou said:

My dad passed at home in home hospice on January 23, 2023...a few weeks ago.  I feel the same as all of you, although I am much older at 59 and recently retired.  My dad was my rock and inspiration.  I live with regret because I lived 3.5 hours from him and did not get to see him nearly as much as I would have liked over the past 32 years since moving away from my hometown for work.

I am relying on God to help me through this.  You may or may not believe in God, but if you do, He can help with grief.

God Bless You & Your Dad 🤍

My dad is a faithful server of God since my family & I are Catholic. I was going to say “was” but I know that he’s forever a faithful devotee of God. My relationship with God wasn’t as close or strong as my parents had with Him. But I have  gotten closer to Him after my dad’s recent passing on January 13, 2023. I’ve started praying every morning & night which is a good change for me.

I’ll choose this as a sign to continue developing my relationship with God & having faith that He truly will help with my grief. Thank you very much! 🙏

• Hugs 1

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my father when I was 11 years old and I just lost my mother in October. I am now 40 years old and it still hurts the same. The advice I would give it to talk to someone you trust, even when it’s hard to get the words out. Talking is healing. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

I lost my father on 10 feb all of a sudden. I wasnt even there. He was talking to my mother and getting my favourite sweetdish made. Then he started his religious prayer and after it completed he went peacefully. 

I am not able to accept this im 30 unmarried unsettled. My father wanted to see me married this year. 

I still cant believe this all has happened i dont know if ill get thru.

• Angel Wings 1

• Members

I lost my daddy on 2-16-23, and I feel like if a big wind hit me I would shatter into a million pieces. I am lost without him. We talked or texted everyday and he was my best friend.  Every moment is filled with the realization he is no longer here, and the pain and loneliness is suffocating. I was with him everyday(hospice), and was holding him when he passed The sounds and images from that day will haunt me for the rest of my life.

• Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
On 2/25/2023 at 11:54 PM, Dpk said:

I lost my father on 10 feb all of a sudden. I wasnt even there. He was talking to my mother and getting my favourite sweetdish made. Then he started his religious prayer and after it completed he went peacefully. 

I am not able to accept this im 30 unmarried unsettled. My father wanted to see me married this year. 

I still cant believe this all has happened i dont know if ill get thru.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my daddy on 2-16-23 and the pain and loneliness is unbearable. It breaks my heart to know everything he will miss as his grandkids grow up.

• Members

Bluna i totally understand your loss infact um not even married he wanted to see me settle and if get married it will not be the same my kids will never know how kind their grandfather was 

This hole in our heart will remain forever one moment you get used to life and then when you get the thought of not having him around sunks you deep down. Everytime i gather myself for my mother who is really worried for me wants me to move on and fulfill his dreams and live the life with his teachings