Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My poor King died in a fire

MafiaDad

• Members

My dog king was staying at a boarding kennel 01/12/2023 because we would be out of town well the next day when we were leaving they called saying the place burnt down killing 8 dogs including my dog king..he was badly burnt. He was only 5 years old and was a rescue we only had him for 3 year. He was a beautiful American staff terrier. The lady started a fire and went to sleep not supervising it! HOW COULD SHE?!…my poor dad too he loved that dog. I cry every night asking for him back and what did i do wrong to lose my dog..ever since then i just have no motivation to do anything 

• Like 2

• Moderators

OMG, this is horrible!  How the hell!  I am so sorry for you and your loss.  I don't for the life of me understand how she could be so careless.  I suppose she survived!  I'd sue the hell out of her!  Not that it'd bring your dog back, but OMG!

My heart truly goes out to you, and I hope and pray for your comfort and healing thoughts.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Members

I can hardly find the words to say how sorry I am for both King and you, as well as the other animals who died or were injured and their loving families.

It's incomprehensible.  We have always been super safety conscious of our own lives and companion animals. I am even more so when I have the responsibility for friends' or family's animals in my temporary care.  The carelessness of that woman is hard to understand.  It's certainly not something I would soon forgive.  I'm with Kay that, even though suing her/the facility could never bring back your love King, it would at least be a measure of justice.  Not that it will mean much to you right now because all your heart and mind know are the deep pain and grief of your loss.

You will be in my thoughts and heart today.

• Like 1

• Members
On 1/16/2023 at 10:36 PM, MafiaDad said:

My dog king was staying at a boarding kennel 01/12/2023 because we would be out of town well the next day when we were leaving they called saying the place burnt down killing 8 dogs including my dog king..he was badly burnt. He was only 5 years old and was a rescue we only had him for 3 year. He was a beautiful American staff terrier. The lady started a fire and went to sleep not supervising it! HOW COULD SHE?!…my poor dad too he loved that dog. I cry every night asking for him back and what did i do wrong to lose my dog..ever since then i just have no motivation to do anything 

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/local/6-dogs-dead-after-kennel-catches-fire/502-970e3ddb-140f-4f82-8033-de9036424059

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I heat my home exclusively with wood heat.  It is so essential to have a certified wood stove and chimney, get annual inspections and chimney cleaned!  I burn my wood on high for 20 min. to get any excess moisture out and then turn it all the way on low.  As per instructions from Blaze King.  It is also just as essential to cure your wood at least two years, stack in rows, with room in between the rows.  I have a three stall pole barn and rotate each section every year.  After winter, fill up that stall with wood again so each stall has 2 1/2 years for curing.  (My son uses pallets and has a tractor move the pallets to his garage.)  It sounds like she was highly neglectful!  It angers me that our laws cover the "cost of the animal" and even prorate!  Damned if they aren't as valuable as any family member and should be regarded as such!  

You didn't do anything wrong to lose your dog, someone else did.  I am so sorry.