Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The cat LOML is gone, I love you Boba.

Shivasativa

• Members

Last night my sweet little Boba cat jumped off of our 5th floor balcony. It was a tragic and sudden death. I am in shock still and I'm not sure how to stop crying or thinking about it. He didn't respond to our usual shake of the treat bag and so I looked outside and down and I saw him...and from the top view it looked like maybe he was digging and I ran downstairs as fast as I could and he was stiff and not moving and his eyes were open and he looked..gone. It was traumatic and I immediately cried and called 911 and then the animal hospital. By the time I ran around back to him, my bf confirmed he had passed. I can't believe it. He was only 10 months old and we only had him for 8 months. We loved him, so so much. He would bring us rubber bands so we would play with him, always cuddle us and rub his head on us and lay on us wherever we were, always opened his mouth ever so slightly so you could see his teeny little teeth. He was precious and the first loving cuddly cat I've ever had. I can't believe this happened and it feels like a nightmare. I feel like a part of me is gone and I want him back so badly. spacer.png

• Like 2

• Moderators

I am truly sorry for your loss...this is not the first time I've seen someone post about their cat jumping from their balcony, such a horrible thing to see the tragedy below.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

I hope this video brings you some comfort to think upon:

• Members

Wow another tragic death - so many cats who have lost their lives this way. I am so sorry this happened. I'm not sure what can be done about this but it seems to happen an awful lot. Heartbreaking. 

• Sad 1