Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mediums?

SummerW669

• Members

Has anyone had a good experience with a medium? Not sure if there are many believers here, but just curious!

• Like 1

• Members

I am going to see one in January.  I read a book that was written by one and it made me believe in spirituality more.  I have gotten signs from my wife.   Just make sure they are reputable and don't let people's negative comments dissuade you from seeking out a good medium.  I hope you find answers.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Thank you for your response. I actually had a very good experience today and it made me feel hopeful and brought me some peace and comfort. Some people think I'm crazy but I believe it's true. I continously get signs from my Husband and I got it all validated today.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, SummerW669 said:

Not sure if there are many believers here, but just curious!

@SummerW669  Ive written here before about this, so not to blather on, but so many inexplicable things happened to me in the last 19 months since my wife passed that I havent been able to write them off as mere coincidence.  I am a skeptical, cynical person -- even more so these days -- but I'm open minded.  I just want to get to the bottom of things; I want to solve things.  Lately doubt has crept in.  I know I didnt imagine all those things that happened to me (I was sober, awake, no medications) and its a stretch for me to accept them as coincidence . . . . . but I wonder if I caused them?  I wonder if grief gave me a kind of superpower to manifest weird things to happen so as to comfort me, akin to how the body heals itself?  OK - maybe that sounds even crazier than the possibility of communication from across the veil, but I have no faith; I need some reasonable evidence to believe that something could be possible.  As for mediums, I have a list of reputable mediums from organizations that I believe have the utmost integrity. I would trust those mediums not to be frauds or incompetent. Many of the best mediums have wait lists from months to a year or more.  Happy that you had a positive experience!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 12/1/2022 at 1:07 AM, Jemiga70 said:

[...]  I wonder if grief gave me a kind of superpower to manifest weird things to happen so as to comfort me, akin to how the body heals itself?  OK - maybe that sounds even crazier than the possibility of communication from across the veil, [...]

For me...even if, then I still have questions about where that kind of 'superpower' comes from, and/or, how does 'grief' get to manifest that 'superpower'? (At the same time as I know that the answers to these types of questions -- the answers exist outside of what our current-day scientists, biologists, archeologists, mathematicians, "wizards and witches", cosmologists, etc., et al, know and accept to be 'true and real and factual' about our world -- I still do believe that there are real, reasonable, logical and factual, answers to be had. They all just need to keep "seeking", and, eventually, they'll hit on it. It's only because they do not (yet) know, that they feel compelled to call it "crazy" (metaphysical, supernatural, superstitious, etc.) -- they'd rather label it such than have to admit that they do not know! (They'd lose their professional standing, reputation and status; and/or be discredited, exiled/excommunicated from their academic community, and this is their worst fear.)

I have had readings from assorted types of 'mediums', before and after the death of my life partner and best friend. I found it helpful.     I think...whatever source can bring us any level of comfort and/or sense of "I'm not actually really certifiably crazy"...then we need to use that source for our healing. (If, later on, we find something more helpful or more useful, then we can make a new decision about what we want to use, keep, discard, etc.) Somewhere recently I heard or read the idea of "compassion over control" -- possibly from the Dalai Lama, but I'm really not sure. We can have compassion for our own Self, and use what helps us.  I think.

With this season of "happiness and joy and peace, and merriment and..<fill in the blank>" now upon us, sending (praying) Strength, Humour, Equanimity and all of the other qualities and inner resources that each of us needs, individually, to just get through all of it.   Ronni

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Thank you for your response. These readings have brought me a big sense of comfort and peace, if only for a while. I truly believe our loved ones are still around us. Even though we can physically see them or touch them, they are still here. I've had so many signs, it's amazing💜

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

SummerW669, this is exactly part of why I so much appreciate this specific community: We don't need to all hold exactly the same beliefs, and yet we still do understand and support each other in our individual beliefs.

For me, I don't want my dead loved one to still be attached to Earth (me) in any way. For sure I cannot physically see or touch him anymore. For sure I can, whenever I want, metaphysically see, and even, sometimes, 'touch' him (metaphysically). But I really don't want that to be his reality. I really, truly want him to be 100%, totally, fully, permanently free of all of this. 💕.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Yes, it's wonderful! This has brought me so much comfort! I'm studying metaphysics now!

• Like 1

• Members

I intend to see a medium when the opportunity arises. I don't want to book a long way ahead, it gives them the time to research you and then whatever happened I would have doubts.

Many years ago I had a reading at a psychic fair. It was very spur of the moment and I wasn't expecting or wanting anything. Just curious. She didn't say a great deal that I recall, only one thing that made it's mark, a comment from my dad which really rang true. Both my parents had died a few years before this. Afterwards I wondered if she could have plucked it from my mind. Telepathy is always a possibility.

What made the occasion memorable was that I distinctly felt like I was being hugged. I have never forgotten that. I hope I might have a similar experience next time.

• Hugs 2

• Members
8 hours ago, LMR said:

[...] I don't want to book a long way ahead, it gives them the time to research you and then whatever happened I would have doubts. [...]

That's such a great point! I don't really know if I had it as a conscious thing in my mind when I booked. I'm trying to remember. My booking was only about a month later, and I didn't have to give payment information until 2 or 3 days ahead. So...and I am sure of this...I did not give my full legal name a month in advance (and, even then, only what was necessary on the 'payments page', which, as far as I still know, the 'reader' that I used still doesn't have access to all of that info).

But...yeah. I'm gonna keep it in mind if I use a different 'reader' in the future; to see how much of what I "receive" during the actual reading is also available to any 'tom, dick or harry' if they look me up online. It's an excellent way to be able to 'assess' the readers we use, and 'messages from Beyond' that we entrust to them. Thanks for the heads up, LMR.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Thats why its so important - for me - to use a fake name, a fake email address, someone else's phone or a pay phone when booking, and someone else's credit card when paying.  I plan to do a phone reading.  Less chance the medium can pick up on visual cues.  IF I ever see a medium in person, I would never wear any jewelry or mementos and certainly never bring in a picture of who I am hoping to hear from.

I am also not going to "feed the medium."  That means that I will share no information with the medium whatsoever, i.e. I will not tell them who I am hoping to hear from.  I will answer the mediums questions with only 3 responses: Yes, No, I don't know. I am taking every single one of these precautions.  I am skeptical (but open minded).  I need to know in my heart that the situation is airtight, that there is absolutely no chance for fraud, for "fishing," for "hot reading" or "cold reading."  I need to be sure my case is airtight for my own peace of mind!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Jemiga70, yes, for sure...all of that.     But. And here's where I get even more cautious about these kinds of things: Those precautions do, for the greatest part, take care of all the physical-on-Earth fraudsters. But, for me, I cannot help also wondering: What if there are metaphysical malevolent Beings and entities and forces who can somehow get involved with, and distort, and corrupt, our 'readings' or 'messages that we receive'? (That is to say: It is an honest, well-intentioned 'reader/medium', but there are still astral-bound negative entities that want to do harm and damage. Not sure we can, currently, airtight ourselves against such. Hoping to the Highest that we can, but not sure if we can.)

• Like 2

• Members
On 11/30/2022 at 9:00 PM, widower2 said:

If something brings you hope, peace, and comfort, I see nothing crazy in that. We all have beliefs but none of us know for a fact what lies beyond this existence or how it all works.

Thanks for that.  You already put into words what I was thinking.  My and John's faith is exactly that, our faith.  It is not the religion (two different denominations) we grew up in, but just because we left those behind does not mean we lost faith.  And we are not so...arrogant? deluded? egotistical?...as to think that we alone know what lies beyond this life and this world.  No one knows for sure and we won't until we "get there."  How we get through this life and how we prepare for the next (if we believe there is a next; I do) is a personal and unique journey.

• Like 3

• Members
36 minutes ago, foreverhis said:

[...]  And we are not so...arrogant? deluded? egotistical?... [...]

All of the above. At least, I think all of the above. One of my earliest spiritual teachers always stressed the role and importance of maintaining proper humility.

"You do not know what you do not yet know," is a lesson/wisdom that she often tried to convey to her students.

During my 'readings', in the past I used to feel reluctant to ask about how it is for my loved ones who have already passed. This time, after Ray's death/disembodiment from Earth, I wasn't so reticent at all. But. So...now I still only know what I was told about it. But, as is said, I still don't know if what I was told is actually how it was/is for Ray; or even if how I'm interpreting what I was told, is actually, truly the way it was/is for Ray, for where he is at the moment. (It's entirely 100% possible that I'm totally misinterpreting my own 'reading'. So I do need to not get all arrogant and deluded that "oh, now I know". (To be sure and clear: I still do not know, and don't even know if it's even possible for me to know while I'm still in this specific dimension/realm of my existence.) For me, maintaining my own proper humility is so important. Doesn't make it easier for me, but...is one of those things. I do not know what I do not yet know.

• Moderators

5 hours ago, foreverhis said:

No one knows for sure and we won't until we "get there."  

Exactly. No matter how confident or certain one feels about their beliefs - and I totally respect those that do have such strong convictions, whether I agree with them or not - they aren't facts. That's why they're called religious beliefs.  

• Like 1

• Members
On 12/8/2022 at 2:29 PM, Ronni_W said:

What if there are metaphysical malevolent Beings and entities and forces who can somehow get involved with, and distort, and corrupt, our 'readings' or 'messages that we receive'?

A reasonable question. But I ask myself:  How could messages of hope and love that an evidential medium brings forth to mitigate the grief and suffering of a sitter be coming from a malevolent entity who only wants to inflict pain and suffering, who only wants the sitter to continue living in misery and despair, guilt, hopelessness and other low vibratory states?  The evil entities lose if the sitter walks away from a reading with more positive energy than they had before the reading.  An evil spirit is, I believe, 1000% evil through and through, incapable of love and incapable of communicating even a fake positive message.  I seem to recall a story from Jesus' time. He was accused of using Satan's power to cast out devils and heal people.  Jesus responded by saying that would be impossible b/c Satan (who's 1000% evil)  cannot be divided against himself.

All the evidential mediums I've researched have their prayers, routines and rituals before connecting to the spirit side. They all seem to trust in the power of positive intent, asking and intending that only loving spirits are welcome during the reading.  Of course, I have no way to test this scientifically.  At some point there is a bridge of faith to cross I guess.

• Like 2

• Members
18 hours ago, Jemiga70 said:

[...]  How could messages of hope and love that an evidential medium brings forth [...] be coming from a malevolent entity [...]

Only if the metaphysical Being itself, that is "coming through" to the 'medium', does not recognize itself as being actually evil/malevolent.

The evil/malevolent ones will always tell us, 'inwardly' or through some outer 'medium's reading', what we want to believe, or what will support what we already believe. They do not care that they are saying things that they, themselves, do not believe or already know are spiritually untrue/false. The idea or thought that they would not lie to us, nor try to manipulate us with their lies and spiritual untruth, nor try to pretend to us that they believe in our One True God and in Love and Compassion...that whole idea that we can simply trust whatever we "receive" or "sense" or "intuit", and trust in the integrity of it and that it most definitely is not evil, false and malevolent Beings/entities is just...???

I already said that it is not on the still-living medium; that the still-living medium can be of totally pure and good will and intention. (Why did you ignore what I said, about this?) 1000% is not mathematical, according to current-day mathematicians, who only acknowledge 100% as the "full and maximum" of anything.

Who we know as "Jesus" or "Jesus of Nazareth" (but not as "Jesus of Bethlehem") did not, as far as I know, say that the "devil" cannot be divided against himself. (What is the Judaeo-Christian chapter and verse, please?)

I don't even know what an "evidential medium" is; but, nevertheless, every single one of them of course do have their own "prayers, routines and rituals" that they put on for us on this side, before they go into their "reading" or "accessing the other side of the veil". The true and pure and genuine ones, AND the ones who don't even know that they're under the 'spell' or 'course' of evil/malevolent Beings/entities. Of course they do. (Goes without saying, doesn't it?) But, to counter that, we actually do have ways to test this for our own self, metaphysically and even if our current-day scientific "experts" and their colleagues can't yet see it, or won't yet acknowledge it, or can't yet do it for us. "Faith or metaphysical science" versus "physical science".

God cannot be divided into a "versus" or an "oppositional" circumstance or situation.

Is what I think Jesus, in his time, was trying to help us to realize. The devil can be divided six-thousand different ways. But, the Oneness of God cannot be divided against itself. Is how I interpret all of that, no matter what text or scripture or faith tradition I read. But, at the same time, I do not know what I do not yet know! Humility.

• Like 1

• Members
I miss you so much

These last months I'm struggling to wake up every morning, I've been making many researches about life after death, about the possibility of an afterlife. I've read some books, I've watched some movies, I've listened to different podcasts...

Mediums, Near death experiences, spiritism, resurrection, reincarnation...

The truth is that there is no answer, I'll find no answer. The ideas which have convinced me most are those about the myth of an afterlife : dying is the end.

I've tried last week to find a way and I asked him again to give me one sign. Not any sign,but something specific. I had asked him to make some reference before last Monday to a town where we had spent a wonderful weekend years ago. Any sort of reference : someone mentioning it, a travelguide about it...

There was nothing.

I don't dream about him. I don't feel him near me.

I don't ask for fortunes, I don't ask for castles, I don't ask for fame...I just ask to wake up tomorrow and find him again. I just want him back.

if I could only be back in time to the beginning of 2017, to make some different choices and try to avoid him getting ill...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

11 hours ago, I miss you so much said:

These last months I'm struggling to wake up every morning, I've been making many researches about life after death, about the possibility of an afterlife. I've read some books, I've watched some movies, I've listened to different podcasts...

Mediums, Near death experiences, spiritism, resurrection, reincarnation...

The truth is that there is no answer, I'll find no answer. The ideas which have convinced me most are those about the myth of an afterlife : dying is the end.

I've tried last week to find a way and I asked him again to give me one sign. Not any sign,but something specific. I had asked him to make some reference before last Monday to a town where we had spent a wonderful weekend years ago. Any sort of reference : someone mentioning it, a travelguide about it...

There was nothing.

I don't dream about him. I don't feel him near me.

I don't ask for fortunes, I don't ask for castles, I don't ask for fame...I just ask to wake up tomorrow and find him again. I just want him back.

if I could only be back in time to the beginning of 2017, to make some different choices and try to avoid him getting ill...

Of course. I'm sorry. I think we've all felt similar. But in the end it wasn't up to us, it was up to life or fate or God or whatever. 

As for "dying is the end," it's the end of life on this planet. No more, no less. You certainly have the right to dismiss anything else as "myth" but again it's opinion, not fact. Nobody, you or I or anyone else, knows what else may lie beyond, or if so, how it works. As the old saying goes, "absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence." Clearly if there is more, there seems to be a rule in place that they can't contact us. And we all hate that rule with a burning passion. But doesn't mean they aren't "out there."  Again we don't know how it works or why. When our time comes, we might. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

I have heard it's hard to cross that big divide between this world and theirs and that could be why there's been no answer...myself I haven't tried (religion, but don't want to get into that)...it isn't due to lack of effort on either of your parts though.  I have received signs, when I wasn't trying to get them, but needed them badly, not something I can conjur up and it has been years since I've had one unless I just didn't recognize it as such (possible) or remember it, but if I never get another one, I'm thankful for the ones I have gotten.

• Like 2

• Members

Everybody here wants them coming back...but unfortunately it's not possible!

In the first times of my loss i thought often of why separation of death was so definitive... wouldn't it be nice to see them again ?

Yes but life is like that!

I read a book of the great American writer Anne Tyler.."the Beginner's Goodbye" that tells just that! 

A man lost his wife and after a little his wife reappears with a purpose: to help him in his pain and accompany him to a new relantioship!

A dream for all of us....but it's only a novel!

@I miss you so much i'm Italian and i'm glad you appreciates our cakes and even a "pandoro Bauli" was a sign from your husband...💕

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

My sister passed away last year and was a huge believer in psychics and mediums, and although I am a skeptic, considered going to a medium just to see. I have heard her voice in my head a few times. I don't know if I could "reach" my husband, but if anyone, I could maybe tune into her,

Also, I am not a believer in crystals either, but on a whim tried clear quartz. It's supposed to be good for trauma. I had a Herkimer diamond (double pointed quartz) because I grew up near Herkimer, and … it has helped.

Any port in a storm, I guess!

• Like 1

• Members

I had a reading done and she was very accurate right down to how my wife passed away.  I felt better about what she had to say and I'll book a other reading but it takes almost 2 years to get a 30 minute reading.  I hope others find ways to feel better and if a medium can help then research and find a good one.  Stay strong my friends.

• Members

@I miss you so much  I'm sorry it's so painful.  I've heard it said that, for the most part, it is difficult for the other side to communicate with our world, otherwise a lot more of it would be happening.  I just finished a book, Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife, by Leslie Kean.  I liked it because Kean is a good writer and she comes to the subject a skeptic. But the data cannot be dismissed by anyone who is intellectually honest. Science has never proven that consciousness is created by the physical brain. The book examines phenomena that strongly suggest physical death is not the end. Just wanted to share in the hopes it might help you.  Take care,

• Like 2

• Moderators

After my experience (after body, twice plus a realistic dream) I would never doubt there is existence beyond this physical realm we know.  So much more that we can't box in nice and neat.

• Like 2

• Members
I miss you so much
On 1/25/2023 at 3:14 PM, Roxeanne said:

Everybody here wants them coming back...but unfortunately it's not possible!

In the first times of my loss i thought often of why separation of death was so definitive... wouldn't it be nice to see them again ?

Yes but life is like that!

I read a book of the great American writer Anne Tyler.."the Beginner's Goodbye" that tells just that! 

A man lost his wife and after a little his wife reappears with a purpose: to help him in his pain and accompany him to a new relantioship!

A dream for all of us....but it's only a novel!

@I miss you so much i'm Italian and i'm glad you appreciates our cakes and even a "pandoro Bauli" was a sign from your husband...💕

Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry, I know everyone here wants his or her loved one back, I'm not more than anyone else.

But I really cannot accept this. I'm completely broken...like many of you, yes, I'm aware of that, but I've realized only in these last months, having so much time to think, how much I was wrong about him, about me, about our story, about everything...He hurt me a lot, but I also hurt him a lot...He betrayed me, but I also betrayed him...

I've been thinking lately that it's so curious I knew him better the first time I saw him than after 12 years.  The first time I saw him my heart told me about his nature, about the incredible person I was meeting and it was right.

But then, the incountable problems, difficulties, made me start doubting about him, I became resentful. I could have done much more for him, but I didn't, because I didn't rely on him anymore, and I should have relied...

We lost the communication between us and now there are so many questions and I will never know, and I could never make amends to him.

We spent 12 years dreaming of a future, not living the present, because the present was only a way to try to get the conditions for the future. And this hurts badly now...

He was the only part in my life I considered worthy and for "forever". I've been so fool. And now, I only have regrets, regrets and guilty and more regrets. If I had only been efficient and had done the necessary to take him out of his/our crazy reality. I could have done it, I didn't, because I wasn't determined. And now it's too late...

He was suffering so much and I did nothing, I did many things in a wrong way.

He was dying and I was very angry at him, for many things. I felt overwhelmed with angerness and I wasn't close to him the very last months. I only understand now how lonely he must have felt, his pain, his fear...I was overwhelmed because of many things, many people, many situations, and I lost my mind, and I'm so so so so sorry...

And I cannot reach him.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
I miss you so much
On 1/29/2023 at 5:44 AM, Jemiga70 said:

@I miss you so much  I'm sorry it's so painful.  I've heard it said that, for the most part, it is difficult for the other side to communicate with our world, otherwise a lot more of it would be happening.  I just finished a book, Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife, by Leslie Kean.  I liked it because Kean is a good writer and she comes to the subject a skeptic. But the data cannot be dismissed by anyone who is intellectually honest. Science has never proven that consciousness is created by the physical brain. The book examines phenomena that strongly suggest physical death is not the end. Just wanted to share in the hopes it might help you.  Take care,

Thanks, I'll search for the book you recommend. Best wishes

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, I miss you so much said:

And now, I only have regrets, regrets and guilty and more regrets. I

I do hope these articles will aid you in getting through your guilt feelings...
Guilt and Regret in Grief
Grief and the Burden of Guilt
Guilt In the Wake of a Parent's Death

Address Guilt When Grieving
and this video is helpful as well:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1