Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anticipatory grief - longterm partner facing extradition

Guest Josiem93

• Guests
Guest Josiem93

Hi, 

My longterm partner is facing extradition to his country for a minor crime committed five years ago before we met. The case has been ongoing for two years now, but final decision will be made next month. If he's extradited, I'm unable to move to his country and he will be unable to come back to my country due to immigration rules. I have complex ptsd and have been experiencing a great deal of stress over the last two years whilst this has been ongoing. I've been unable to make plans for my future and have been incredibly sick (losing weight, not sleeping, feeling overwhelmed). I think I am going through anticipatory grief (even though he isnt dying, we will be permanently separated). Please, does anyone know of anyone that has been through something similar, or can anyone validate my feelings as being somewhat normal for the situation I'm in. Any advice would be great.