Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my wife and son in a car accident

Bryant

• Members
I lost my wife and son in a accident Oct 4th. This is really hard I would like to talk to someone that went though something like this.
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Oh Bryant!!! I am so sorry for your losses. I hope you’re getting some support outside of this site. I lost my husband of 35 years in a single car accident 10 years ago; then 5.5 months ago our youngest son died suddenly at home from an enlarged heart we knew nothing about. I realize my losses are different but please know my heart aches for you. And feel free to reach out anytime. - Angie 

• Like 1

• Members

Bryant, I cannot imagine the shock and loss and sheer devastation you are going through. My heart goes out to you, I am so very sorry. 

I have a friend who had a similar loss and she needed therapy to cope. There are people who have been through devastating losses who devote their lives to helping others via counselling. I hope you have access to these resources where you are as it must seem too much to bear. 

There is a story of a man on YouTube whose wife and son were killed in an accident. He was driving when he fell asleep at the wheel. He had a near death experience and it was so profound and beautiful I felt the need to share it. I dont know what your belief system is, but it gave me great comfort during my own dark hours. Its called: The Near Death Experience of Jeffrey Olsen, on YouTube. 

I am sending peaceful thoughts and love out to you tonight. Xo  - Traz

• Like 1

• Members

Bryant,

I am so very heartbroken for your loss.  It’s truly dreadful to loss your wife and son in the same accident.  Unfortunately I can relate…. October 30, I lost my boyfriend and his 19 year old daughter in a tragic auto accident.  We had been together 9 1/2 years.  Our 2 little dogs were traveling with them and didn’t survive the accident.  I feel completely lost.