Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Kissing her picture...

Robert D.

• Members

Robert 

I find myself doing the same thing to my husband pictures...I also tell him I love him and I will be back soon I am on my way to baby sit out grandbaby...she was born 5 days before he passed. However I can not bring myself to visit his grave yet and he went to his heavenly home almost 9 months ago. My heart aches. I am so sorry for you my friend. I do get it. 

Blessings Lost7 

• Like 2

• Members

Lost7....Thank you friend....I just prayed for you....and I am very thankful for your prayers....yes, it is major heartache....everything being changed...or transformed,....except our love for them....that just keeps on growing....My home is so different....the inside, the outside...the town I live in...the stores....everything....But my love is constant...and growing for my beloved JoAnn. Thank you Lost7! We will make it through this!! God bless!!

• Like 2

• Members
19 hours ago, Robert D. said:

Everytime I pass my beloved JoAnn's robe i hold it or hug it...and i always kiss it

I used to kiss Mark’s picture all the time. Then there was a time where the pictures went in the drawer because I couldn’t bear it. The pictures came back out but I can’t kiss him anymore without completely breaking down and sobbing. Going into the second year is somehow worse. In the Texas heat I can’t do it yet but soon I will be able to wear his favorite flannel and that is like having his arms around me. @Robert D. i understand, I am there too. <hugs>

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

When in my early grief, the pictures went up...came down as I couldn't bear it...back up again, down, finally up to stay.  This takes a while, it's a process we make our way through and we're winging it the best we know how.  Listen to your heart and what it can handle my friend.

• Like 3

• Members
On 9/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, Robert D. said:

it is major heartache....everything being changed...or transformed,....except our love for them....that just keeps on growing

@Robert D.  Robert - I can relate.  I'm nearly 17 months out.  Her pictures in my room on the wall, on the night table. Her clothes (the ones I kept that meant something to me) in the closet.  Her toothbrush beside mine, still.  My love for her deepens.

On 9/21/2022 at 3:38 PM, BohoKat said:

Going into the second year is somehow worse.

@BohoKat BohoKat, you and I are nearly the same distance out.  I too am finding this 2nd year more difficult. Perhaps because I'm - slowly - coming out of the shock and left with longing and loneliness. Hugs.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

My photos have stayed up but they sometimes drive me out of bed in the morning. I am just starting my third year. It's unbelievable. It still seems like yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1