Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing our dog…who’s been there after 3 miscarriages

Caliade

• Members

We’ve just had to say goodbye to our 13 year old cockerpoo. He’s been there through so much..I’ve sobbed after all 3 miscarriages we’ve suffered in the last year. He was always by our side. I feel utterly heartbroken, losing him feels almost worse than our babies. But I’m not sure if it’s just because we buried the pain of losing our babies and now it’s a physical loss it’s brought it all to a head. I can’t remember what it’s like to not feel heartbroken. I’ve never had pets until I got our 2 boys (our cocker spaniel is 9 and so sad obviously)

any advice is so welcome 

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss.  It can feel the hardest thing in the world.  My heart goes out to you.  Having lost 3 very wanted babies, I can 't compare, I've had many animal losses, each one different, but it seems to be getting harder the older I get, my last dog about killed me.  It was hard losing my cat but she was 25 1/2 and ready, it felt different than with him in that sense.  One day at a time...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers