Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't keep going

MP28

• Moderators
19 hours ago, MP28 said:

The only thing that brings me peace is thinking of not having to carry this pain with me anymore.

That was the same with me, I console myself with the thought, "At least George is out of it now..."  He doesn't have to go through Covid or inflation or the insane laws/mandates the gov't makes (electric cars when we live 50 miles from anything)!  I feel our world has gone plumb nuts and am so glad my husband isn't here to see it.  But then a part of me feels, "Well if only George were here to go through this with me, at least we could weather things together."

• Like 4

• Members

I am 55, my husband died 4 years ago and I can’t imagine being with someone else.  I have not dated even tho I am lonely and I miss being part of a couple.  I refuse to put myself “out there” so I have to learn to be my own best friend and do things alone.  Traveling is the most difficult but like @Jemiga70 I too am healthy and the future I wanted is gone forever.  However, I don’t think of myself as young anymore.  I considered myself as old and I hope the good lord takes me from this earth soon because living this way in a constant holding pattern is just plain miserable.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

SSC.....I'm 56. .my beloved wife Joann left to be with the Lord on August 11, 2022....she was 72. She was as young at 72 as she was at 49....Entirely the same person......I met my beloved JoAnn when I was 32 and she was 49. She was and is the most wonderful, selfless and pleasant person I will ever know......She was that way the entire 23 years....precious beyond understanding. This lonliness is really hard....I'm lonely for her primarily....and then just lonely period....no sound in the house....no one talking to me....it truly is something that I don't believe we as humans are meant to experience...or endure...I really don't.....yet, I, too, don't want anyone but JoAnn; but i completely understand not wanting to put yourself out there.......it wasn't long ago that Jo and i were happily living our lives...until she got sick in June.....I don't like what was forced on Jo and I.....it really is unbearable, ...the consequences of her passing, as you say...a "constant holding pattern"......This Saturday is our celebration for Jo.....After that, and already,.. I pretty much am just existing till the Lord takes me too. God bless!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

KayC.....He would never see them ... just like now he only sees the moon is still over your shoulder and the stars are still shining above friend.....

• Hugs 1

• Members

It's hard because I'm only 31 and my love who died was only 34.  He was my future.  I'm grieving him and the loss of our future together.  I never loved anyone the way I loved him.  He was supposed to be in my life forever.  I wanted to have kids with him.  What am I supposed to do now?  Our time together was so short.  I am completely broken and life has no purpose anymore.  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

MP28.....I want you to know that I just prayed to the Lord for you. I lost my beloved wife of 23 years on August 11, 2022. I know what you are going through,...as does everyone here. It is immense sorrow and grief that only you and all of us can understand....and even we can't fully know what this is...the loss of someone we desperately love, and all the consequences because of it. I'm not sure if you are new here ..but keep coming here...you will find comfort and understanding from others who know exactly what you are feeling and going through....that falling... a thousand miles an hour...with no net thing. There is great advice from wonderful people in here. We all want you to do well.....and be comforted....God bless!!

• Like 2

• Members

Mp28 

Griefing is so suffocating. I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for God to give you strength to take one minute at a time and just try to breathe. 

Blessings Lost7 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

MP28, am praying for you as well..  Good advice here...one day at a time and remember to breathe.  Take care of yourself.

• Like 1