Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Every day is worse... lonliness...no purpose

Robert D.

• Members

Off today....sitting here knowing that I'm never going to see or hear my beloved JoAnn till I go where she is in heaven.....How can anyone who has lost their beloved love, ...for the foreseeable future,...till we are gone too,.....survive something like this? I mean, ..the one you love with all your heart is gone...your purpose is gone.....nothing brings  happiness....going home, to the store, .. anywhere  is miserable...because your forever love went there with you for years and years.....This is not for human beings....it just isn't.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

It's awful and what's most difficult is discovering that this emotional turmoil seems to be something that only those who have experienced it or are currently experiencing it fully understand its impact. I was astonished when my brother-in-law's sister contacted me as soon as she heard of my loss. She and I have known each other for years but didn't keep in close communication but she knew and she came to my rescue. Her husband had died four years earlier. That's one of the results of this human experience...to reach out in love and understanding to those who we sense need it. She comforted me and through my loss, she gained more comfort and strength towards her own grief. 

I know your day today has been aggravating. Breath work is a bit helpful. Breathe in through the nose, hold for a count of 5 or 6 then breathe out long and slowly. This might also be helpful to you. It's a link to a Youtube channel that this gentleman created...it's called "Lost Without Her". Mark lost his wife eight or nine years ago. I find just hearing the voice of another human being talking of their experience brings some comfort and also insight...  https://www.youtube.com/c/Lost-without-her/videos 

• Like 4

• Members

DWS....Thank you for going out of your way and sharing the video....I needed that....! Thanks!

• Like 3

• Members

Hopefully, they give you some needed comfort. In the first three months or so, I binge-watched TED Talks and any grief-related video that I could find...all in an effort to help me process the devastation that happened. I needed anything that could help soothe the heavy-heartedness. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I love the Ted talks!  Going to watch it now...

I'm glad you have your SIL there for/with you.  That's how my friend and I were for ten years, but then she moved to TX 7 years ago.  Miss her!  But glad she's happily remarried.

• Like 1