Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do you remove a follower who is talking of marrying me?

Robert D.

• Members

I have a follower....and I reported the message sent .....what is being sent is not wanted nor appreciated....Can I remove this follower or just set it to ' no followers'..?

• Sad 1

• Moderators

You can send it to unfollow but that just means you won't get notiifications, THEY can still search you out and find you.  ;)

I personally would block them.  Go to their profile, click on the three dots, and click block.

• Like 1

• Members

I don't know how to remove a follower but I can understand how you feel. I was 52 when my wife passed and I didn't consider to marry or dating another woman. Now I am 56 and still think the same. A sister-in-law once told me that she could introduce me to her sister for a "talk" but I refused it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Oh, I thought you were talking of FB...here I'm not sure, but I'd sure report it!  Also, you can email

Kelly Baltzell <guardians@grieving.com>

Include a screen shot of the message or thread.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I thought you could block people here but didn't see it...how odd. Any message board I've ever been to has had this.

• Like 1

• Members
9 hours ago, widower2 said:

I thought you could block people here but didn't see it...how odd. Any message board I've ever been to has had this.

That got me curious so I just took a look and there is a way. Clicking on our profile name in the top right, there is "ignore users" under the settings section. One has to type the user's name that you want blocked. I imagine that you'd need to start with the "@" symbol first. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Wow, it's a good thing I checked mine!  I found two I KNOW I never added, no idea how they got there but I unchecked them!

• Moderators
10 hours ago, DWS said:

That got me curious so I just took a look and there is a way. Clicking on our profile name in the top right, there is "ignore users" under the settings section. One has to type the user's name that you want blocked. I imagine that you'd need to start with the "@" symbol first. 

Good catch. You don't have to (in fact shouldn't) put an "@" first. This is not slack or twitter. ;)  I wonder if they can configure so you click on the person in question and then can mute them from there. I've never seen it another way until now, not that it's a big deal. Just glad there's a way to mute the losers.

• Like 2

• Members
On 9/14/2022 at 7:49 PM, widower2 said:

An "ah ha" moment from a couple of years ago:

Hover your cursor over the member's name or avatar in the left column.  A member's information box comes up, including three options at the bottom to "Message," "Find content," or "Ignore."  Click ignore and that member automatically gets correctly to added to your ignored list.

I tested it with, well, you, but "unignored" you right away.;)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1