Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Ms

Grace123

• Members

My sister died two years ago.  She was diagnosed with what turned out to be cancer the Christmas before the pandemic hit.  She had an operation and a precautionary treatment with chemotherapy.  Unfortunately the cancer grew.  Chemo didn’t work. We all got locked down.  Clinical trials stopped.  She died.  I think about her a lot and in the beginning I felt relief for her.  That her pain was over…then I didn’t feel much.  I could think about her fondly, none of my memories could be taken from me and I found thinking about that a comfort.  It seemed that I was coping well but it has only just started to really hurt.  I’m not quite sure what to do about that or how to articulate it.  I am not good at sharing how I feel and I have left it late to feel like I need some help. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Grace,

I am sorry for your loss. Grief affects us all differently. It is never too late or too early to ask for help. I want so much for you to feel understood and supported. For myself, I found these websites offered a lot of support:

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Share

Grief Healing Blog

Thinking of you. x 

• Thanks 1