Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

1st month tomorrow

Robert D.

• Members

I lost my beloved JoAnn on August 11, 2022....tomorrow marks the first month.....I'm in a surreal world now....and I know it will be that way forever....it is pure agony to love and be loved by the most wonderful, selfless, sweetest, most beautiful smile...always...for 23 years...everyday...pleasant, Lady...yet, little girl like.......I always said coming home or on the phone during  work..."can't wait to see you".....now will never be able to......Life is never going to be the same....my happiness is over. There will never be another JoAnn.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Robert 

Isn't it wonderful to have loved and been loved by someone so special! I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow I know the date will hit you every month like it does me keep putting one in front of the other.

Blessings Lost7 

• Like 4

• Members

KayC.....Yes it is....all of you are my family now....and I do care for you...! There is nothing like this....what we are going through....and in my first month...tomorrow....you guys are why I am still here....able to somehow survive this.....Thank you!! I will be here forever.....Love you all!! God bless!!

• Like 1

• Members

I know how you feel because I also lost my beloved wife who meant the world to me. It's been more than 4 years now and I still grieve. I feel as in the quote below.

“If some one loves a flower, of which just one single blossom grows in all the millions and millions of stars, it is enough to make him happy just to look at the stars. He can say to himself, 'Somewhere, my flower is there...' But if the sheep eats the flower, in one moment all his stars will be darkened... And you think that is not important!"
He could not say anything more. His words were choked by sobbing.”

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Robert D. said:

KayC.....Yes it is....all of you are my family now....and I do care for you...! There is nothing like this....what we are going through....and in my first month...tomorrow....you guys are why I am still here....able to somehow survive this.....Thank you!! I will be here forever.....Love you all!! God bless!!

Exactly how I felt about my grief forums.  They are sacred support families.