Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Overwhelming grief....missing my wife

Robert D.

• Members

Coming up on a month soon (11th) since I lost the most precious and sweetest lady I will ever know.....my JoAnn.....just overwhelming grief and sorrow.....she's really gone.....losing her is losing all my reasons for living.....my joy, happiness, her beautiful smile....she was and is what always made me so very happy....All gone.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

That is understandable.  It may take much time to come through this...and frankly, it's never the same as it was.  We adjust our thinking to look for something good in each day, sometimes it's a stretch.  It gets better somewhat with practice.  

• Like 2

• Members

Robert

My heart aches for the loss of your JoAnn ....my husband was my joy, my soulmate. After 8 months of this unwanted life I am still not able to be who I used to be. I really don't like this measurable sad soul of a person I have become. I continue to pray and push forward.  I will continue to lift you and everyone up on this forum .

Please accept my virtual hug Lost7 

• Like 2

• Members

Lost 7

I'm very sorry for your loss too.. I get a lot of understanding and comfort from yours and others' words in these posts... they give me a very very good idea what lays ahead.... I am living in a world that I did not recognize anymore and never wanted to be in either but fear will be here for a very very long time .....virtual hug back to you and I appreciate it very much!

• Like 2

• Members

@sim7079

Thank you so much for your kind words. You're right I have fallen more deeply and madly in love with my husband (If that is possible) as I have time to reflect on everything he ever meant to me. We couldn't get enough of each other after 37 years our friends would say you guys act like you just met. He would come home whistling everyday and I would be in the kitchen happily cooking his meals. I am so sorry for your loss of your soulmate as I know that pain. And for the queen I am sure we will all miss her.

Virtual hug

Lost7 

• Like 2

• Members
8 hours ago, Sim7079 said:

One thing that is stronger than ever is my love for my husband. I always knew what a wonderful person my husband was, loving, generous, kind funny - my best friend, my everything. I loved his passion for things, his wisdom, basically everything about him.

Now that he has passed I appreciate and recognise those qualities tenfold and so sad I can no longer tell him or show him my love.

Isn't this the truth! I've been trying not to deem him a saint but I keep seeing more and more evidence that my partner was the perfect one for me. We nicely balanced each other out. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Lost7 said:

You're right I have fallen more deeply and madly in love with my husband (If that is possible) as I have time to reflect on everything he ever meant to me.

Yes, I feel the same, even after all these years...

• Like 1

• Members

I want to thank everyone that thought of me Wednesday.   Although I have never met any of you, yall were so kind to wish me well and even praying for me.  I had 38 years with my husband Darrell.   I'm not sure how many years I will be alone but I'm glad that I found grieving. Com.  The forums and people have helped me so much the past two years.  Thank you one and all.  

• Hugs 4