Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost

Edwin-s

• Members

My love, 
Today it's been a month since you left me.
Missing you is getting harder with every day that passes, to the point where sometimes I try to block everything out.
Pretend this never happened.
Not that it works, but yes, I try so.
But I want you to know that I am not trying to forget you when I do.
I am just trying, for a moment, not to feel like being ripped apart.
I am not ready for this.
I will never be.
I lost my soulmate,
I lost my path,
I lost you, 

so I lost me.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Edwin s.....I am sorry for your immense heartache and sorrow....my wife of 23 years...the most wonderful, sweetest and most selfless gift, other than my salvation in Jesus Christ, passed from a severe stoke on August 11, 2022.....I am still inside of 1 month and am in total shock, sorrow and heartache....I am here with you....just prayed for you.....and want you to know I am going through this with you.....! Very nice people in here who have been helping me....they have been in this nightmare longer....some not so long.....but they all know exactly what we are going through. God bless!! Robert D.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@Robert D.
Thank you.
I used to be that strong person
That person whom people turned to when they needed  support.

Now i'm like an empty shell.
I look in the mirror and I see someone that looks like me, 

But its no longer me
I don't know why im here 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Robert and Edwin

I am truly sorry for your loss. I lost my husband to covid January 2022, 8 months ago. The numbness and the pain is unbearable somedays.... But my love for him is still strong, I get it, we lost our better halves our soulmates the loves of our lives. I too pray for everyone on this forum. I can't tell you it gets any better, but I can tell you that we must be here for a reason why would God leave us like this? There has to be a purpose. Lifting you up.

Lost7 

• Like 4

• Members

Lost 7 - Edwin s.... You are really comforting to me....and I do appreciate your helping me and others, like Edwin s,... who are very new in this horrible change in our lives...the most horrible thing that will ever happen to any of us..., including, our own deaths.., as I far as I'm concerned.....I can see Edwin s, that you are where I am...where Lost 7 has been ...a state of permanent shock....bewilderment....extreme..lonliness....for your spouse....and in my case, my spouse JoAnn....and lonliness everywhere I go....my house, the store, work....my wife was a part of everything and everywhere I went.....not hearing from her anymore is killing me....literally, I believe....I studied the Word of God today...(2 Tim 2:15 KJ)....and I will say....while I am doing that...the Lord helps me to know its all going to be alright...that He's got this...He knew about our spouses leaving long before we or they knew....just like He knows when we are leaving too.....That is comforting...that He is in control....and we have to accept that...and really...as hard as it is and is going to be going forward....take comfort in Him....that God knows what He is doing. God bless you both!! I am grateful for you and for this place to help eachother get through this.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Edwin, you writte so poetically!  It is beautifully and aptly described, it makes one feel with one's heart.