Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Going home after work

Robert D.

• Members

Thank you. I do find this site helpful too...I just got on it recently....and I identify with everything you just said.....I had the sweetest friend I will ever have....for 23 years....I never thought this would really happen....it will be constant heartbrake from now on....just existing till I see her again....just trying to get through each day. Amazing how much different I think of others now after hearing their spouse died......

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I am very sorry for your loss too....! Thank you for your advice...and letting me know I'm not alone in this....unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I remember finding that one of the hardest things...coming home to an empty house, weekends, weeknights...no phone calls.  It's taken me years but I've grown more accustomed to it, but that said, I can't say I like it, I still miss him every day.

Do you have anyone checking on you?

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear RobertD

I am so very sorry for your loss. I miss those phone calls too him call him wanting to know what was for dinner, phone calls just to say I love you or tell him about something crazy that happened during the work day coming home to let empty house. People keep telling me I should get a pet but for now I can't barely take care of myself I just don't have the energy or the heart to love on anything else right now. I am lifting you up Robert let's hang on together.

Lost7 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Kay C.   Thank you.... I do have someone checking in on me and I appreciate that you asked that friend!

• Like 1

• Members

Lost 7..... it is exactly how I feel.. absolutely no energy to do anything.. everything I do I have to force it really really force myself to do it.. everything I do now is the first time I've done it since my wife passed on August 11th.. everywhere I go everything I do.. I've also considered getting a cat.. but with my mind changing all the time now I'm afraid I'll change it before I even go pick it up..... I lifted you up to the Lord also.. yes let's all help each other get through this ...this is the hardest thing anybody will ever go through....

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1