Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Letting Go

theRTRP

• Members

I recently had to move out of my childhood home and the comforts I grew up with. All my belongings and memories, I had to leave behind. The most painful part of moving out was letting go of my pets, my best friends. I had 5 lovebirds (Cotton, Cyan, Mint, Eve, Dawn) who I had since they were just eggs 5 years ago. I had a cockatiel (Pebbles) who has been with me for 3 years. And 2 fishes (Sushi, Patch) I got for my room because it got lonely when I had to isolate for 2 years because I work closely with Covid patients. I'm grieving their loss, although I found good homes for them it still hurts me that I can no longer play with them. Work used to distract me from my problems, now I know after my shift there will be no more friends who will welcome me. All I have of them are pictures and videos but looking at them just reminds me that I betrayed them. I keep imagining them waiting and excited for me to come home but then they see it's not me at the door. I miss them so much, I wish I could see them again and maybe one day take them all home once more.

Screenshot_20220822-185529_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-185726_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-185926_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-190642_Gallery.jpg

• Sad 1

• Moderators

So your parents wouldn't let you take your pets with you when you left home? I'm so sorry, I went through that when I left home also.  And four years later my mom called and told me they had him put to sleep.  Nothing was wrong with him, just old, he was 15, but I'd have gladly taken him off their hands if they'd only said something.  I am so sorry this is your experience.

• Members
On 8/22/2022 at 11:52 PM, KayC said:

So your parents wouldn't let you take your pets with you when you left home? I'm so sorry, I went through that when I left home also.  And four years later my mom called and told me they had him put to sleep.  Nothing was wrong with him, just old, he was 15, but I'd have gladly taken him off their hands if they'd only said something.  I am so sorry this is your experience.

My mom wanted to bring them all but we had to leave quickly and find a new place right away. Where we are now don't allow pets 💔

• Sad 1