Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost my only parent at 30 and she made me an executor

hanaxd

• Members

Hi All 

this is my first post as I don't really have anyone to talk to.(sad I know)  my mum passed away very suddenly (the reason wasnt unexpected but we assumed decades and not days)  in feb.  she went into hospital for a heart palpitations ( which was fairly common for her) and we were not allowed in to see her because of covid but told she would be out of there soon. unfortunately she was moved to hospice 6 days later, where we were allowed to see her but she was not conscious and died a few days later.

she was  my only parent, and a parent that I have relied on and loved so dearly my entire life, as an adult she was my best friend more than my mum. I am the youngest of 4, all of whom still have a parent in their lives, I also have no living grand parents its made me feel very alone. I don't have siblings or friends that can understand my situation, and that i will never have  my mum to pick me up when im feeling down, or have a mini arguments with when we disagree. I find myself  sitting on the outside of conversations when friends complain about their parents, thinking I wish I had a parent to complain about!  or complement! friends try to be helpful when they talk about they understand as some long lost great uncle or aunt  died. but I don't think anyone understands unless they have been here. 

when my mum passed away I discovered that she had left me as the executor of her will, along with a family friend. but the only one of her children, which has led to rifts forming as my much older siblings believe I am not up for the job, and that I am making laws up to deliberately upset them , when in reality I am keeping them in the loop as much as I can.   we have sorted all of the paper work out, so the next part is to sell her house and sort out her belongings deciding who gets what, which I am going to find incredibly hard to do, especially as  one of my siblings thinks I've rigged it in my favour. 

at the moment, my self esteem is very low, and the brutal realisation that I literally have no one to be like YOU'RE AWESOME and do this unconditionally, is breaking me. I have acceptance that she isn't here, and am doing okay on the whole but the realisation in those low points, (and the high points) that I will never be able to talk to her again is absolutely destroying me. 

Has anyone else been in any part of this situation? 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear hanaxd,

I am so sorry for your loss. It's very hard to grieve your beloved mom while also acting as her executor. It sounds like you are doing the best you can under difficult situation. Please know we are here to listen and support you in anyway we can.