Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Traumatic death of twin brother-leave for school?

Monarch

• Members

My kids (J and A) just lost their brother (S) a week ago. His twin is crushed. J was supposed to move to school two hours away from us in about another week. They already struggled with mental health, but have a good support system at home. They don’t know if going off to school should wait a year. This is a new school. New friends and teachers. Very independent living. How do you decide?

• Hugs 2

• Members

Monarch, my biggest hugs and love to you and your entire family.

I realize that there is not lot of physical time to sort out all of the practical details about whether or not to just proceed with going off to school right now. But, if you have access to any type of professional input/guidance (through the school or a faith-based community or local hospital, library, employer-funded mental health professional, etc.), perhaps these ones may be able to offer some objective 'pros and cons' of choosing?

Or, allow each individual's 'inner voice' to just kick-in? Perhaps what will be "good, proper and appropriate" for 'J' may not at all be the same for 'A'? Let each one decide for him/her self, perhaps? (At least, is how I might suggest and offer to each one...???)

Love and hugs, and comfort and support.   Ronni

• Like 1