Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

finding it hard to cope

Tabitha34

• Members

Where do I begin? This is my first ever post,discovered this website after having yet another melt down this morning,and decided I needed to talk to someone.My aunt passed away 5 months ago,and I am finding it really difficult to move on.She was more than an aunt,she was amazing.She took me in when I was 14 after my mother suddenly passed away,and my father just couldnt cope with a grieving hormonal teenager and the fact that he had lost the love of his life.She was just so brilliant,funny and always had time to listen to any problems or stresses that I would be going through.As a family,we have lost so many members of our family,and the pain never gets any easi.er.I miss her so much,and everywher I look I am reminded of her,whish is a great comfort,but I just cant stop crying.I need to be strong for my 2 beautiful children,but I am really struggling.I was with her when she took her last breath,and every time I close my eyes,thats all I see.I am glad I was with her in her last moments,as it gave me the opportunity to tell her how much I love her and to thank har for everythong she had ever done for me and my children.My partner tries his hardest to understand and help me through this,but he has never lost a loved one,and he sometimes finds it hard to deal with how Im feeling,and I sometimes find it hard to explain.So if anyone can offer me a bit os advice or support,it would be greatly appreciated. Tammy.

• Members

Where do I begin? This is my first ever post,discovered this website after having yet another melt down this morning,and decided I needed to talk to someone.My aunt passed away 5 months ago,and I am finding it really difficult to move on.She was more than an aunt,she was amazing.She took me in when I was 14 after my mother suddenly passed away,and my father just couldnt cope with a grieving hormonal teenager and the fact that he had lost the love of his life.She was just so brilliant,funny and always had time to listen to any problems or stresses that I would be going through.As a family,we have lost so many members of our family,and the pain never gets any easi.er.I miss her so much,and everywher I look I am reminded of her,whish is a great comfort,but I just cant stop crying.I need to be strong for my 2 beautiful children,but I am really struggling.I was with her when she took her last breath,and every time I close my eyes,thats all I see.I am glad I was with her in her last moments,as it gave me the opportunity to tell her how much I love her and to thank har for everythong she had ever done for me and my children.My partner tries his hardest to understand and help me through this,but he has never lost a loved one,and he sometimes finds it hard to deal with how Im feeling,and I sometimes find it hard to explain.So if anyone can offer me a bit os advice or support,it would be greatly appreciated. Tammy.

Hi Tammy, I am sorry for your loss. It sounds as if your aunt was like a mother to you. I am glad to see that you were able to be with her at the end and tell her how much you loved her. I'm sure she was so happy to hear that. It is going to take some time to move forward in your life. But it sounds as if you have a great husband that does support you and two lovely children. There really is not set time frame for grieving. We all have our own way of handling it. One day at a time is all you can really expect. Don't be too hard on yourself. Let the tears flow.Hopefully the beautiful memories you share of her will give you comfort down the road. Take care.

Kate

• Members

Tammy,

I am very sorry about your losses. There are many people here who have experienced similar losses, and they will be able to offer you support and encouragement. Do you have anyone to talk to about this? Other family? A grief and loss help group? Talking about your feelings, or writing them down, often help you get them out and deal with them. One way to do that is to come here and just unload your emotions, or to keep a diary or whatever you are comfortable with.

Also, if you can muster the energy, exercise helps lift mood. Walking at a gym, or mall or grocery store will often help people feel better.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived