Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Pain

Edwin-s

• Moderators

I am so sorry...

I remember the day of George's funeral...it felt surreal.  Somehow I lived through it, I don't know how.

My heart goes out to you.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
32 minutes ago, KayC said:

I am so sorry...

I remember the day of George's funeral...it felt surreal.  Somehow I lived through it, I don't know how.

My heart goes out to you.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I'm so sorry for this tremendous loss in your life. It's a horrible situation and I wish I had some answer for how to deal with this. You need comfort and security right now and a particular kindness to yourself. When we've lost our partners and spouses, we've lost our loving companion and confidante in life and yes, we're broken.

I learned about simple breathing techniques to get through those early days. I still do them. One of them is the 4-7-8 technique of taking a 4 second closed-lips breath in, hold for 7 seconds and then exhale for 8 seconds. It can help bring back a bit of focus and helps calm the body which is what's needed. I do this when I lay myself down in bed at night but sometimes need to do it throughout the day. 

Warm hugs. You have friends here.

• Like 2

• Members

I didn’t get to be at his funeral. Somedays I doubt if he really died. It is crazy, it’s my mind trying to find a way out I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
8 hours ago, DWS said:

Warm hugs. You have friends here.

Thank you. I appreciate this.

1 hour ago, Roseapple said:

I didn’t get to be at his funeral. Somedays I doubt if he really died. It is crazy, it’s my mind trying to find a way out I guess. 

That has to be very hard.
My word...........

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh Roseapple, I am so sorry you didn't get to be at his funeral!  I can't imagine...

• Members

I am sorry for you and words can never be enough…going on 11 months for me and like all of us, we share your pain. May God givebyoumpeaceband serenity in the tough days ahead…

• Like 1

• Members

It's going on 6 mths of me not having my John.  We had him cremated.  I can be honest with you, for me I dont see it getting any better. I'm lost without him. I still feel his presence.  I hear him talking to me. I see him by my bedroom door. I've had a lot of loss in my life and each one of my loved ones I've lost has been a different kind of loss. Different in extremes. None seeming worse than the other. Just different. Well this loss for me is so different and seems to so much more of an extreme. I have been able to move forward  (not move on or get over it) with everyone else. John's with me. He's by my side. I feel like he's not gone. I mean I know he is. I know he is. Don't get me wrong about that. I know 💯 for sure he's gone and he'll never be back but he's still with me. This place is a great forum to talk about your loss. The grief. The anguish you are going through.  And to not have to worry about being judged. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
I miss you so much
On 8/7/2022 at 11:25 AM, Edwin-s said:

Coming Saturday, I will be burying my soulmate. I am in so much pain that I wish i could be burried with her.
How do you even start dealing with this????

I am being torn apart with every memory of he smile, her touch, her silly jokes. her gentle eyes, her everything

If there is a hell, this must be it.........................

I'm broken...........

The 4th August 2022 will also be a fatidic day for me.  I was forced to leave him alone with other people and he fell down... I wonder if this was the real reason of his death. The 13th August 2022, the day you were burying your soulmate, it was the last day he was here, his last words before going to sleep : "I'm tired..." Some hours later he was in a coma...

We share these painful dates. Like you, I feel like this is Hell.

Just wanted to say hi...

• Like 2

• Members
On 2/3/2023 at 5:10 PM, I miss you so much said:

The 4th August 2022 will also be a fatidic day for me.  I was forced to leave him alone with other people and he fell down... I wonder if this was the real reason of his death. The 13th August 2022, the day you were burying your soulmate, it was the last day he was here, his last words before going to sleep : "I'm tired..." Some hours later he was in a coma...

We share these painful dates. Like you, I feel like this is Hell.

Just wanted to say hi...

Hi 
Its been a while since I was here. Im not really up to it, or to anything else for that matter. 
I hope you are coping? 

Edwin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members
Alone. Again.
On 8/7/2022 at 8:30 PM, Roseapple said:

I didn’t get to be at his funeral. Somedays I doubt if he really died. It is crazy, it’s my mind trying to find a way out I guess

Same here, Roseapple. 

Edwin, I hope you visit this site more. It really has helped me knowing there are people who genuinely understand. 

• Like 2

• Members
I miss you so much
On 2/8/2023 at 11:42 PM, Edwin-s said:

Hi 
Its been a while since I was here. Im not really up to it, or to anything else for that matter. 
I hope you are coping? 

Edwin 

Hi Edwin, it's a positive thing reading you. Thanks for making the effort of replying. I'm not asking how you are, I think I guess.

No, I'm not exactly coping, I'm just a being that wake up, eat, breath, sleep.

I appreciate your answer.

• Like 1

• Members
On 8/14/2022 at 6:31 PM, Goforth860 said:

It's going on 6 mths of me not having my John.  We had him cremated.  I can be honest with you, for me I dont see it getting any better. I'm lost without him. I still feel his presence.  I hear him talking to me. I see him by my bedroom door. I've had a lot of loss in my life and each one of my loved ones I've lost has been a different kind of loss. Different in extremes. None seeming worse than the other. Just different. Well this loss for me is so different and seems to so much more of an extreme. I have been able to move forward  (not move on or get over it) with everyone else. John's with me. He's by my side. I feel like he's not gone. I mean I know he is. I know he is. Don't get me wrong about that. I know 💯 for sure he's gone and he'll never be back but he's still with me. This place is a great forum to talk about your loss. The grief. The anguish you are going through.  And to not have to worry about being judged. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. 

I know EXACTLY what you mean.
Gugu is with me 24/7. Like NEXT to me.
And I know she has moved on, but our spirits are connected and will never be separated.
This is till we are together again.

• Like 1

• Members
On 2/11/2023 at 4:52 PM, I miss you so much said:

Hi Edwin, it's a positive thing reading you. Thanks for making the effort of replying. I'm not asking how you are, I think I guess.

No, I'm not exactly coping, I'm just a being that wake up, eat, breath, sleep.

I appreciate your answer.

Somehow, the only thing we can do is accept.
It's not "moving on", 
It's not trying to let her rest in peace cause that is we most likely all do so
It is about giving my soul permission to accept.
From thereon, I believe and have found that the light of my love can lighten up the darkness of my pain.
It sets me free to love her again, without the why's and the how could this happen,
without the anger even of why did you leave me like this.
I am trying to accept, and I am learning to be patient.

But I know we will be reunited.

That much I know for a fact

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Edwin-s said:

But I know we will be reunited.

See my signature...it keeps me going.

• Members
39 minutes ago, KayC said:

See my signature...it keeps me going.

Hi Kay, 

Im not sure where to find your signature
Sorry

Are you coping?

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's below every post I make, it's grey instead of black.

Getting by as best as I can with these hands, thank you for asking!