Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Starting over

April Ballou

• Members
April Ballou

I am so lonely.  I have never been alone before.  I went from living at home with my mother to living with Darrell.  I was 16 when I met him.  It was the day after Thanksgiving 1981.  He and 2 of his brothers knocked on the apartment door looking for their dad.  I had company so I went to my bedroom and never came back out until they were gone.   A month later they came back.  July 31, 1982 we were married.   September 7,2020 he died.  Been looking for another man in my life.  Is it too soon?  I'm so confused.  Darrell was my prince charming.   Where do I go to find the right man for me?  Is there anyone that wants me?

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I think that’s one fear for me too, when am I ready for a new man in my life and then will I ever find that one, will I just be thinking it’s not Lawrence and keep comparing? It’s so strange because there was no breakup no end of the relationship. I feel like I am still in a relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
April Ballou

Yeah I still feel like I'm married,  still wear my ring.  I want to find a good man.  But I don't. So confused.   

• Like 1