Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my mother after just getting her into my life

H.W

• Members

I’m 15, and I am adopted and I’ve always known. I was adopted when I was 2 years old. My mother was in my life till I was 5 (ish)  then my (adoptive) parents decided it was best to stop visiting. She had been really bad on drug(s), (marijuana) for years. Where I was so young I wasn’t really in full comprehension of what was happening, I knew I was adopted but I didn’t  know she was my mom till years later when I connected the dots. I have always been very dissociated and disconnected all of my life. I can’t really remember my childhood. But I remember being 5 years old sitting in my grandparents backyard waiting for her.

skip up to when i was around 10, my grandma, grandpa, great grandma, and great grandpa all passed away in the time space of a year. 

when I was 13 that year 2 of my best friends committed suicide. 

The same year when I was 13 I was on my way home from vacation, my (bio) mom was in town for a wedding and my uncle and aunt-in-law who I happened to be very close to called my (adoptive) mom and said she was staying with them. My (adoptive) mom asked if I would like to see her and even tho I had anger I said yes. 

that’s where it started, June 11th 2021. We built a relationship. We FaceTimed every day till she saved up and moved here around 2 months later. We were close. We visited multiple times a week almost very day had sleepovers.Then recently july 11th 2022 it changed..

she went missing. All of her stuff from her apartment was missing except a few things. She hasn’t showed up for work in 2 days it was so unlike her. We went to her apartment and it was almost empty. About 3 days after she went missing we looked at her phone records she was in West Virginia. That’s all we knew. The Sunday after she was missing we got a call from a hospital 5 hours away in West Virginia. Well the cops at the hospital wanting to see if they would identify her from tattoos and pictures. And it was her. She was septic, extremely dehydrated, had bruses all over her hands and arms and some on her legs and back. When she got to the hospital She had a heart attack. They moved her to a hospital in the ICU about 2 hours away on life support. They said she was left in a position her body shouldn’t have been in for hours on end. And the stop of blood flow caused a lot of problems with her intestines and many other things. A week after she was in the hospital she was improving everyone was suprised. She was even responding! She would nod her head yes and no when we asked her things she would nod yes when we said we loved her. We thought she could pull through. But when she was stable enough off alot of the medication they had her on they did a surgery to look at her intestines and they all spilled out all her intestines but 10 cm where dead. There was no way she could make it though off life support at any point and it was insane she made it that long.. when the doctor called and told us I was on the 2 hour drive up and I just say there for hours waiting for the rest of our family to get there. We decided to just put her in comfort care and she passed 5 mins after. My mom was gone just like that.

What she would tell us from nodding when we asked and what we could put together is he pushed her down stairs didn’t call 911 went to work and called when he got back and pretended he came home to her like that. He took her phone from her that’s why she didn’t call. She said was gonna go up for a couple days but it was last minute so she hadn’t text and he took her phone before she could. He kill my mama. He took her life. And even tho she told us that there is physical evidence the police are doing nothing.. why? Because she has a criminal record from the marijuana. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear HW,

I am so sorry to hear what happened your mama and for your loss. Please know we are here with you.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers.