Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anxiety and feeling like I'm going to pass out after death of dad

Kel65

• Members

My dad passed away a couple of months ago and I thought I was coping fine. Lately I have been so tired and not interest in anything really. I feel like I have to push myself to complete things such as work, housework ect. I also keep feeling like I'm going to pass out and I am afraid to go out alone. Has anyone else experienced this? 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Kel65,

I am sorry for your loss. The first year of grief is the hardest and how you are feeling is normal. Grief levels us and it's normal to feel tired and withdrawn. Be kind and gentle to yourself. And know you're doing your best to get through each day. I hope friends and family members can support you. I found this article that might be helpful.

https://whatsyourgrief.com/does-grief-make-you-tired/

Thinking of you.

• Members
CamrenWoodward

Even though the thread is from a year ago, I want to extend my sympathies for the loss of your dad. Grieving is a process, and it's normal to experience various emotions, including feeling tired and disinterested in activities.

The sensation of potentially passing out and fear of going out alone might be linked to anxiety, which can be a common response to grief. It's essential to seek support during challenging times like this.

If you're curious about depersonalization, check out this article on what does depersonalization feel like. Remember, you don't have to navigate this journey alone. Reach out to friends, family, or consider seeking professional support to help you cope and find strength.