Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Older brother

Big brother

• Members
Big brother

In June of this year I lost my older brother. He was Murdered in Mexico and we still have not been able to retrieve his body. Just with in the last 9 months my broth got sober got married and was trying to get out of the life of gangs and drugs. My brother called me in December/January and said if he died or went missing it was his wife. (Well just last month he went missing my mother found his body in the morgue in Mexico..) I had asked him if he was using or on one then I asked him to explain what was going on it didn’t make and sense to me. He proceeded to tell me that he couldn’t talk because the wife had cameras all inside the house and outside house. After that I will never talk about it again. When I tried to talk to him about it he just kept telling me he couldn’t talk and he wasn’t alone the cameras are watching him. Come to the Day that my brother goes missing his wife acted strange when my mom went out to go look for him she didn’t really seem to be upset or really care. 
when my cousin went to Mexico because she speak Spanish and asked around about him they told her to go check the morgue. So my mother went with my cousin the next day to go and check the morgue and when they found him all the wife had to say was is he still wearing his wedding ring.. my brothers body was an identifiable his face was beaten and he was stabbed the cut off a finger they choked him they drowned him and they threw him in a ravine. The only way to identify his body was by his tattoos and so my mom did. now I’m Mexico they work differently. They won’t release his body on just tattoo identification so they took DNA from my mother and from my brother. It’s been a month a little more than a month my mothers DNA profile finally came back just last week. But my brothers DNA profile still has not come back and they said it could take up to six months to two years we won’t be able to bury him until we get his DNA back. My brother was my protector I loved him we grew up together we entered together we survive together I don’t know where I would be today without having him in my life.! And now I have lost him. My son asked me the other day who he was going to talk to about Naruto and I don’t have an answer for him and I don’t know how to explain to him that his uncle is gone and he’s not coming back.. I honestly am having such a hard time I’m barely make it out of bed to take care of my children.. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Big brother,

I am so sorry for your loss and for everything you are dealing with. It's all deeply painful. I hope trusted friends and family can step up and help you with meals and some childcare during this difficult time.  There are many supports in the community and through church as well. 'Thinking of you.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers.