Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

More health issues

Goforth860

• Members

I'm sitting here in our new apt looking around. Puzzled. Not really depressed. More of a blah feeling.  Stressed like normal. Wishing John was here. I went to my endo today. She did my A1C. Um yeah NO!!! It waz 6.7. Which if you don't know what that means. It means my diabetes is no longer controlled with my diet. It's actually back way up from the 5.2 it was at the beginning of the year. Which honestly it at a 5.2 you're not considered a diabetic.  But once diagnosed you are always one. She's put me back on metformin.  I don't want to be having to take another pill. I'm on enough as it is. Actually I'm on WAY to many if you ask mine or  just about anyone else's opinion about it. She asked if I would be taking the prednisone anymore and I informed her of my ILD diagnosis and thar prednisone is the # 1 treatment for the disease.  She asked if they couldn't just put me on a steroid inhaler.  I told her that I'm on one of those as well as well as a steroid albuterol nebulizer treatment.  That's how they treat it and there's no other way around it. They believe that the prednisone is also what caused my avascular necrosis in my leg. And that was one of the purposes of having my knee surgery last April.  Which John was there for.  Just something else to go through without him and alone. I think I'm going to take a nap.  I'm just ready to give up. I'm not but that's where I am at this moment.  To just throw in the towel. Cover my head and go to sleep. I just want to cry. My heart hurts so much without him. 💔 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Diane R. E.

Goforth860; I'm so sorry you are going through all these physical ailments. The physical problems make grief all the more difficult, which is so not fair in the first place. Please take care of yourself and take one day at a time. Also, just a word of caution about metformin: my husband was on it and had a terrible reaction when he caught a GI bug. He went into complete kidney failure, and had a cardiac arrest. Thankfully he recovered over time and I had another 15 years or so with him before he passed away. I don't mean to scare you but I always caution people about this medication (I'm an RN) because my husband's reaction was determined to be due to the combination of metformin and having the GI bug.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers!

• Like 2