Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my mom died incredibly suddenly

corin

• Members

this was a while ago now. i’m 18 and was 17 at the time. it was a completely normal day, no warning signs in the slightest. while my mom was never in perfect health (she had multiple sclerosis and mitral valve prolapse, which i share), she was selfless and giving, never complaining, and she didn’t have a severe case of ms. i went to work, ended my shift at 8:30, drove home, and was greeted by my dad and younger sister with the news. the point of me telling this story isn’t as much as to share my grief as it is to reassure. i’m okay now. my mom and i were very close, i held her in very high regard, and we had a healthy, strong relationship. i miss her every single day and i cry for her often, but overall i’m okay. it took time, it took lots of tears and feeling my emotions, but i’m proud of myself and how far i’ve come in the year since it happened. i wanted to say this to give hope to others. i know it feels incredibly difficult, impossible, because it’s something that’s always in the back of your mind. but thinking about it is not a bad thing. i think of her every day, and it has not kept me from healing. i’m happy now after being in the deepest depression i’ve ever experienced for a year, and you can be too. don’t let yourself feel hopeless, but let yourself grieve and take the time you need. however much it takes, you will be okay again one day. 

• Hugs 1