Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my dad to covid last year

Jane_08

• Members

Hi. My name is Jane 16yo. My dad passed away last year, I still find it difficult to accept. Life has changed tremendously after his death, it's hard to cope with it.

• Members
Valerie Lockhart

Dear Jane,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. I've found comfort in the Bible's assurance: “Jehovah is near to those that are broken at heart; and those who are crushed in spirit he saves.” (Psalm 34:18) Another thing that has helped me to cope with the loss of several close family members is having a relationship  with God and prayer. This has helped me to cope with the deaths of loved ones. The Bible urges us: “Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, and he himself will sustain you.” (Psalm 55:22) If talking out your feelings with a sympathetic friend can help, how much more will pouring out your heart to “the God of all comfort” help you!—2 Corinthians 1:3. It is not that prayer simply makes us feel better. The “Hearer of prayer” promises to give holy spirit to his servants who sincerely ask for it. (Psalm 65:2; Luke 11:13) And God’s holy spirit, or active force, can equip you with “power beyond what is normal” to go from one day to the next. May the God of comfort take hold of your hand and walk beside you during this difficult time.