Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Pet love and loss

Mydredre

• Members

Thank you Dre was my chihuahua for 16 1/2 years he was never just a dog from day one he was my baby.it happened so quickly without any warning.I just had him at his vet a month and a half ago and was told he was in perfect health he passed out 2 times the day before it was Sunday and no vets were available so I brought him to urgent care first thing Monday morning his breathing was week he was rushed to the back and put on oxygen the vet came to me and said hie had a heart murmur and now his heart and kidneys were failing and he had fluid in his lungs that wanted to run some tests and X-rays.His exrays showed he had a large tumor on his heart there was nothing else they could do for him it was just too late and I needed to make the hardest decision of my life.they said he wasn’t going to make it through the night and I let him go so he was no longer in pain or suffering.I never thought I would leave without him coming back home Dre was my baby for 16 1/2 years we faced the world together I don’t know how to live without him he’s always been here with me.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Mydredre said:

Dre was my baby for 16 1/2 years we faced the world together I don’t know how to live without him

I totally feel you, been there, three years ago my soulmate in a dog, Arlie, was diagnosed with inoperable cancer, liver shutting down, this after a perfect physical just two weeks before!  How did they miss it!  I got to keep him another two months ten days and it was so hard watching him go downhill, he said his goodbye to his GF and was ready, we had him put to sleep.  He was huge, but I called him my little boy, they are like our children, our companions, he was everything in the world to me.

There is no getting over them, only learning to live with the changes it means to our lives...which are numerous.  Everything seems a reminder of their absence.  I had to dispose of his blanket as it smelled of cancer, I wanted no reminders of cancer.  I've kept his water bowl filled and his coat hanging on my chair, his collar and leash by the door..  I buried him with his favorite toy duck, he had it since I got him.  It helped me to write his memoirs and also about our cancer journey.  Even though it was so hard, it was our special journey togther too, I love him so much!

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dre, I hope this brings some thoughts of comfort:
Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers