Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm Getting a Dog!

PLin

• Members

It's like a match made in heaven...or from the heavens...or a heavenly match of some sort! Congrats to both of you in finding each other. 

• Like 2

• Members

PLin, 

Congratulations!  I am a dog person without a dog right now. I really miss the companionship of a goofy, sweet, lovable, knucklehead in the house. I hope you have years of funny wonderful adventures together. 

Gail

• Like 2

• Members

I am so happy for you!  I am waiting for the right dog to jump into my arms as I too have talked myself out of getting a dog(s).  I am a fan of Yorkies and have passed up several “oldies” as I don’t want a brand new puppy.  Every time I decide “okay, you can do it and make the adjustment” the dogs are gone and I’ve lost my opportunity.  But I tell myself when it’s right it’ll happen just like it did for you!  Congratulations!  Would love to see pics when you finally bring your new dog home!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

What's that saying?  "I'm not crying, you're crying," I think?  Well, I am crying tears of happiness for you tonight.  What a precious gift.  Yes, I have faith that your Ted sent you to your new canine companion.  So...what's his name or have you not got that far yet?

I'm just so happy for you right now.  It's been a bit of a tough day and your news really brightened my mood.  Congratulations!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

A dog or for me a female cat brought to me by my love years ago, are our chance to love and be comforted again after our devastating loss...

I'm glad you choose to help you...and i'm sure that lovin' soul will love you with all his heart💕

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 hours ago, PLin said:

The last dog she brought was a Black Phantom Goldendoodle (oxymoron-ish, right??). He came right over beside me and sat at my feet. He wasn't concerned about the staffer. After some time the owner asked if I'd like to take him outside. He walked like a perfect gentleman. We found an Adirondack chair and sat in the garden. He laid down beside me. We were perfect together. I shed some tears because I knew Ted had orchestrated our meeting. We are already soul mates. 

I am so happy for you!  I can't wait for the two weeks to be up and hear how it's going!  What's his name?  I will never forget getting my Kodie, he was a little baby, 4.8 lbs, now I've had him 2 1/2 years!  Full grown 20 lbs.  Also the love of my life, in addition to Arlie (last one I had and lost to cancer 2 2/3 years ago) and my sweet husband, George, gone 17 years today.

I think dogs are such a help to us, such great companions, I include it in my Tips list...not everyone wants or can have one, but for the rest of us, they can be real lifesavers and incentive to go on. 

Congratulations on being a new dog parent!  May you enjoy many walks and getting settled in together...I hope you'll keep us updated...and PICTURES!  ;)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, SSC said:

I am a fan of Yorkies

OMG, I met the cutest little 9 lbs one at the park the other day, he and Kodie the same colors, both friendly/lovable, very interested in each other!  So adorable!

4 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

or me a female cat brought to me by my love years ago

Lately I'm helping a feral cat to make his home here, named him Panther Kitty, he may never want petted or be inside, but I can at least make him comfortable as he begins to trust me and accept my food and comfy spot on the porch swing, out of the wind and rain.  He's finally gotten within a few feet of me, a big stride.  Not the same as having Kitty and Miss Mocha lay around the house, getting Kodie to realize he belongs here and not to growl at him.  He looks puzzled when I tell him not to, like "Really, Mom?!"

• Like 2