Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Went too soon, at 4 months old

Vats1996

• Members

I need to write this because that is the best way for me to process my emotions. Simba was proof of how a living being can mean so much to us without ever saying a word, or demanding anything. Today, on June 15th, 2022, he left us, at the age of barely 4 months old. 

His story is so interesting, and funny, and heartbreaking. This write-up is just to celebrate that story. Because he may have lived for 4 months, but the life he extracted from those four months despite destiny stacking everything against him is commendable. 

https://imgur.com/a/Na2FsOY

You came to us as a shivering ball of fur. We were fearful of even touching you. The smallest of touch would kill you, we felt. That’s how ‘Naazuk’ you were. We were stupid. The fighting spirit you had was clear from day one when you met us. We took you into our home, and soon, you were walking around like you owned the place. And believe us, we were willing to give you the place! 

There were treats brought, the whole box of toys packed away was emptied for you, you were given your personal room with open air! If we didn’t see you the moment we left home, we were in panic. Such was the impact you had on our lives. Millions die every day, but I write this for you. Such was the impact you had on our lives. I’ve lost family members before, HUMAN family members, but I write this for you. THAT’S the impact you had on our lives. 

You taught us so much. Left to die, stuck in between a gate when you could barely walk, you drank milk like a champ on your first day with us. You WANTED to live. Destiny could **** off, you were going nowhere. Not only were you healing, but you were flourishing. Neighbours and we were in awe of the energy you had. Of course, there was nobody to guide you. So that energy would pretty much always be spent on things that got you in trouble! 

If we had a rupee for every time your energy got you hit by a cow, or beaten by dogs, we would be millionaires! But all it showed us was your resilience. You were going to be the DON of the street. No matter how many times you got hurt, got beaten or faced abandonment, you came roaring back with the same energy you had before. That is something that would inspire us for the rest of our lives. We said that you getting hit repeatedly was just you being dumb. 

What we failed to realize was your trait of coming back to the same thing that hit you, again and again, was not stupidity, but resiliency. In the end, those dogs gave up. There were no more beatings from them. You won. Your resilience won.

We dropped you away from us after failing to match your energy, but we got you back due to the sheer impact you had on us. Again, you won. Your innocence won. 

Neighbours would run after you with a stick but by the end, they looked forward to playing with you every evening. Again, you won. Your energy won. 

If we had to clean your **** for life in exchange for getting you back, we’d do it in a second. 

If we had to buy a ton of dog food in exchange for getting you back, we’d ask, “Which brand?” 

If we had to create a whole separate water tank in exchange for your life, we’d ask, “How many litres?”

If we had to buy a car to park as your roof in exchange for your life, we’d ask, “Which one?”

You weighed barely a kg, so a machine weighing hundreds of kg was obviously a battle too hard even for your energy. But remember always, you won every battle in life. You lived more in 4 months than most people live in 40 years. A part of our hearts will always remain with you. Because you won. You won our hearts. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

VbJCZQL.jpeg
Such a beautiful sweet baby, so hard to lose!  I am so sorry for your loss.  It's the hardest thing in the world to lose our baby, they are our world, our life's breath, our heartbeat.  
The absence of our rituals a huge trigger to those of us who are left broken hearted.  I hope this brings you some comforting thoughts and peace...
Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Like 1

• Members
22 hours ago, Vats1996 said:

A part of our hearts will always remain with you. Because you won. You won our hearts. 

Welcome.  What you wrote above is so touching.  It expresses how so many of us feel.  Whether we have 4 months or 20 years, they take a piece of our hearts with them.  They make us better people.  They teach us through their love, strength, and persistence.  Their innocence wins our hearts every time.

I am so very sorry you only had 4 months with your wonderful Simba.  It hurts my heart to know how much pain you are feeling right now.  Yes, I think we would all give anything and everything to have our precious pets back with us.  I know I would have done anything to keep our most special dog and cat longer; I would have given anything to keep my husband with me, strong and healthy again.  Unfortunately, we only have what is, not what we wish it to be.

Thank you so much for sharing your and Simba's story.  It's truly moving.  I hope it helps you to talk about it like this.  Please know that the members here understand and will be there for you in whatever ways we can.

• Like 2