Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom as I’m becoming a mom

Cheymr16

• Members

I lost my mother last month unexpectedly and during my first pregnancy. I take small moments to grieve her when I am alone but i truly don’t know the proper way to grieve her. She didn’t take care of herself mentally or physically so I blame her for not being here when I need her. I also feel selfish for my feelings and that I didn’t ask her to talk to me about her problems. I also feel terrible I didn’t make her get help. I tried a few times but I feel like I could’ve done more. I wish I didn’t distance myself from her in the last few months but I think that’s the only thing that prepared me for this. I feel like I’m handling this all too well and trying to be strong but I worry with my sadness of loosing her and my worries about becoming a mother is going to put me in a spiral during postpartum.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Cheymr,

I'm sorry for your loss. Everything you are feeling and thinking is normal and natural. It's important to have extra support. I hope these websites will be helpful.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Share

Grief Recovery Method