Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my adult child to a motorcycle accident

Estair

• Members

I lost Jeremy on 23 April 2022, everybody says it gets easier but it has gotten harder.  I dont understand how to keep on going without him.  He was my baby boy.

• Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
Dustins Mom

I’m so sorry Estair. I lost my adult son unexpectedly on May 9. He was 39 but will always be my baby boy too. My heart goes out to you. The pain is beyond words. We’d already lost my husband and his Dad ten years ago. It’s overwhelming. The only thing that keeps me upright is my determination to help our older son survive these tragedies. 

• Members

Estair and Dustin’s Mom-I’m so sorry for your loss. The shock and pain of such a sudden brutal loss is truly unbearable. I lost my beautiful son Neal two years ago. He was riding his motorcycle locally on his way to visit his brother when a car driving in the opposite direction made a left turn into his lane. The driver killed my son and only got a traffic ticket.  I miss my son every minute of every day. He brought us so much joy and love. I am still weak with grief two years later, my heart is broken.  They say it doesn’t get better but it becomes different. I hope my son is at peace and I look forward to the day I can hug my boy again.

I hope we all find peace and the strength we need to go through this life without our children.

Neal’s Mom

• Members

I recently (month and a half ago/Aug 5 '22) lost my 23 yr old son. He had a heart attack right outside my bedroom door. I thought it would get easier but it is getting worse. I'm overwhelmed all the time. He had been I'll for over 10 years. Was living in misery from some of his symptoms. I should feel glad for him that he's no longer suffering, right? But I miss him so much! He's reached out to us. About 2 weeks after his death a woman that he knew and really respected, Cari, contacted me. She has a friend who has medium capabilities, this woman contacted her and asked her if she had just lost someone. She didn't respond. Suddenly she starts getting rapid fire texts that he's ok and that he's so sorry that he left us. By the time he realized what was happening it was too late. Mostly he wanted us to know that he's ok. I never really believed in that kind of thing, I never really didn't believe in it. Mostly my thoughts about it were who am I to say if it's real or not. This woman won't meet with me, she doesn't like her gift. It makes me laugh to think that my son paranormally accosted this poor woman & harassed her until she contacted Cari. Yesterday was a horrible day for me. I felt crushed. I wanted to die too  So far today isn't as bad. Today I'm happy for him that he's no longer suffering. But I've never felt so alone in my life.

• Members

Hello parents, I am a GRIEVING MOTHER, I too lost the most precious gift a Mother can have, My only Son, my beautiful Hazel eyes, I lost my Baby Boy 4 years ago on the dreadfulness  day, October 14,2018, on a Motorcycle accident. I didn't get to say Goodbye, or tell him at that moment how much I love him. for the first time I'm posting, I have Massive Depression, I have been asleep in a deep coma( so it feels like it to me) ever since, I'm barely waking up slowly, my mind is in a constant fog, I MISS MY SON WITH ALL MY HEART, I tried committing suicide at one point in the beginning, but by the grace of GOD and my son, I have a plan here on Earth. and now I know that , that is not the Answer, and the way to leave this Earth.

For each and every Parent out there, I know pain, and we are not Alone

Sincerely Yours,

Arty's Mom

• Members

Reading so many posts from Moms (and Dads) like me who’ve lost their sons and daughters makes my heart hurt. I’m in the process of becoming a Certified Grief Educator to help me handle my own grief and to someday be able to help others with theirs. But today, when left alone with my thoughts and having to take care of some of my son’s unfinished business, I’m feeling the punch in the gut that makes it hard to even breathe. Nov.9th will be the 6-month mark so I know it’s still very early and Nov 12th will be the first birthday that I won’t be able to celebrate his birth in the same way as before. Everyone looks to me as the strong one and assumes I’m doing okay. That’s probably my fault for not asking for help and a tendency to want to not worry anyone about me. But here, on this site, I can tell you I hardly know what day it is anymore. I miss my boy so much. My big, sweet, sensitive, sarcastic, funny, lovable boy is just gone and I still can’t wrap my head around it. The pain is excruciating. I’m so sorry any of us have to struggle like this. 

• Members

Hello friends, I and my family lost our beautiful perfect 19 yr old son on 10/31/22. He was married on 10/01/22 to his life long best friend who he met at age 12 and began relationship with the culminated in a beautiful wedding in hay field. They had 30 perfect days together. Then a sweet old lady turned left in front of him, she never saw him, while he was taking a video game to one of his 5 brothers. He has 7 sidings, his mama and me, his beautiful bride and family, and a huge extended family trying to figure out why. Why Dylan. Why now.  Why like that. Why didn’t she see him. Why,why,why! The only solace I can find is that he no longer has to fight his way through this world of ugly and is perfect and happy with God. I know one day we will get to be together again and I have great peace in knowing he has made it safely to God and is in paradise forever. For me there are no other silver linings other than God and his love and eternal mercy! I hope you find some peace and feel Loved in some way! 

• Members

Phillip - I’m so sorry about your son’s tragic accident. I grew up in a motorcycling family and knew in the back of mind this could be a possibility. My Dad, uncles, 3 brothers, late husband and 2 sons all rode so I guess I have a soft spot in my heart ❤️ for your Dylan. Plus it looks like he even got married on my birthday! Please know you’re never alone here. Sending you my deepest condolences. I lost one of my sons last May so I have an idea of the pain you’re dealing with. Wishing you and your entire family peace on your journey. - Angie 

• Members
ChadsMom4ever

Estair, I am so sorry for your loss.  I see the original post was 2022.  I just lost my beautiful 38 year old son whose personality was much the same as you describe of your beloved Dustin.  I am on this site seeking help.  My son's "crossing over" is still very raw (January 15, 2023) but each day gets worse and worse.  I feel so alone and reading the stories of others is helpful but we all know that none of us should bury our children.  My Chad had a huge zest for life, was in the hospital in ICU for 9 days but then miraculously starting recovering and healing rapidly (I credit miraculous prayers because the med personnel were baffled).  He was moved to a "step down" unit but had bad asthma.  He suffered a fatal asthma attack.  He kept asking for his Albuterol but, for some weird reason, the nebulizer was not at his bedside when he was placed under the care of the "step down" unit and, unfortunately, I never noticed it.  The nurse dismissed his literal repeated cries for his bronchodilator and he passed away two feet away from me.  I am working with grief counselors and psychologists for PTSD.  Our worse nightmare is losing our children....to have it happen senslessly and without mercy amplifies the grief.  I pray for you, me and everyone in this group.  Vilomah 😞

Edited by ChadsMom4ever
misspelling