Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Gone too soon

Brazil Man

• Members

My wife is gone too soon. She was 60 when she passed away because of lung cancer. I expected she lived at least up to her 80s.
The song below helps to express my feelings.

• Like 2

• Moderators

My husband too, barely 51...he's been gone 17 years Father's Day, his birthday is tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
9 hours ago, KayC said:

My husband too, barely 51...he's been gone 17 years Father's Day, his birthday is tomorrow.

Dear Kay

I know it will be a hard day but I hope you will be able to concentrate on the good memories. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs

• Like 1

• Moderators

Today he would have been 68.

When I was a teenager I had a BF, Louie, he was very sweet, we ran into each other years later and I got to meet his wife, Kathy, and it's been uncanny to see the similarities we've had.  Both in a long term marriage to an Italian.  Both live in the country in a mobile home with land.  Both raised Nazarene and now Baptist.  Both lead morning worship at our churches.  Today I learned his wife's birthday is today.  It felt weird, like we were peas of a pod living separate lives.  I hope this (grief) is one thing he doesn't have to go through for a long long time...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1