Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Complicated Loss of Brother

Liams Sister

• Members
Liams Sister

My brother suddenly ended up on life support in June 2008, after EMS arrived finding him unresponsive at a friends house. He had lost oxygen to brain, and was left on life support. After 3 days, his wife removed him from life support after learning he was having an affair. I have unresolved grief because I do not know if he killed himself or accidentally overdosed. Our mother was terminally ill at the time and his wife was pregnant with their second child, and my brother was unemployed. Life was very tough for all of us at that time. I find myself nasty and angry towards those around me every June. Around this time was the last time I saw him alive, and June 25th was day I received the call and drive 3 states to see my brothers lifeless body. The images of brain testing will never leave my mind😔

• Hugs 3

• Members

Dear Liam's sister,

I'm so sorry for all your pain and sorrow. It's all very hard. It's understandable to feel this way around the time your brother passed. Please know you are not alone and we are with you.

If you want to maybe consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group. It is a deep trauma and for myself, I feel a little part of me will always feel sad the rest of my life around the anniversary.

Thinking of you. x 

• Members
Liams Sister

Thank you for your kind words. I can’t seem to find a grief group in my area. I live in the Charleston area of South Carolina. 

• Like 1