Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Binx to Coyotes

binxy

• Members

I got Binx last summer, and he was only 4 years old. He used to be intimidated of the outdoors, but my mom kept leaving the doors open and he would slowly get used to it everyday, till he decided that he could lay wherever he wants and sunbathe, without paying attention to any possible dangers.

He lived a content life till my mom decided to release him at night, and he disappeared forever. Where do I find him now? I'm sure he got eaten.

He was so cute, he was literally my baby. Can I see him again? Will he ever forgive me? How will life move on?

I love him a lot, I hope he knows this and he didn't suffer tremendously. He was the cutest pet and was always there for me.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I wouldn't assume he's dead, he may be, he may not.  Either way, I am so sorry for your loss. :(

George and I adopted a kitten, Tigger, and when he was a year old, my George passed away (17 years ago).  Tigger waited around for two months and when he saw George wasn't coming back, he too decided to leave me...he took one hard long look at me as if to commit me to memory, turned tail and left, never to be seen again.  He decided to venture on his own, as some do.  The life in the wild isn't easy and they don't live as long as domestic cats but they can live for years on their own.  

Autumn and Midnight were sister and brother...we adopted them as kittens, and two years later Midnight was caught in a trap, gangrene set in so day five he was able to pull his leg out and make his way back to us.  It was too late by then, he got his last meal of salmon and then was euthanized.  Autumn blamed us for his death and never came in the house again, never slept with me again.  We'd feed her on the patio and once when she ate dripped antifreeze, paralysis set in, we were able take her to the vet and they gave her three shots and she recovered, so she accepted our help but it was never the same again.  She lived outside until she was 14 and went off to die.

I KNOW he realizes you love him!  It could be he wanted his freedom.  They are very astute and know who loves them.

I found Miss Mocha living in my garage rafters, the most beautiful cat I'd ever seen, siamese markings, blue eyes, but no siamese yowl, she had the tiniest little feminine voice and wiles...she'd flirt with any male, blink blinking and rolling from side to side and looking pleased with herself.  I had her 10 1/2 years, she was likely aged 2-4 when she came to me after George died.  I never let her out at night.  June. 3, 2016 broad daylight, early morning, we went outside, I was working outside all day but she disappeared.  She never would have left on her own accord, she loved it here and was in great health.  I believe a cougar got her, they're stealth, swift and would have gotten her by the neck from behind....she would have gone into shock, which would have protected her from what was to come.  They run off with their prey before doing their business.  I never found any of her remains but a neighbor's cat also disappeared at the same time.  The last time I saw her at 6 am, she was in front of the forest, on the border of our property.  I put up fliers, contacted neighbors, asked them to check their garages.  I searched the forest...I came up empty.

It's the hardest thing in the world when you have no answers.  It's hard to create your goodbye when you don't know what happened.  I KNEW she didn't willingly leave, some do.  But my sweet beautiful girl knows I love her and will always miss her.

I have a memorial stone for her even though I have no grave.  Personal Creations You can get promo codes by searching online.  She is never forgotten.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers
A Dangerous Villain: Guilt
http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml
http://www.griefhealing.com/article-loss-and-the-burden-of-guilt.htm
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2019/08/pet-loss-when-guilt-overshadows-grief.html
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2017/07/pet-loss-when-guilt-goes-unresolved.html

I hope this short video brings you some comfort and peace.

• Sad 1

• Members

My baby binx always came back home, everyday. He was a curious cat and left during the daytime to sunbathe and roll around in the grass, and returned at night when we called him before it got dark out. One day, I came back late, and he escaped as I came back, never to be seen again. He ALWAYS comes back so unfortunately that's why I think he's dead, I'm so sorry about your pets, and I know they all know you love them, especially the last one. I don't know whether a coyote will torture their prey, but I hope binx went into shock and I can see him again. Thank you for your thoughts!

• Like 1