Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lung disease

• Members
Goforth860

I have just lost my partner and in the same mth waz told I have a rare for of lung disease called Interstitial lung disease.  I had a biopsy last week and will find out the results tom afternoon as to what specific kind of ILD I have. I have gone on Dr Google ( which is NOT somewhere you need to go ) and the prognosis fir ild is 6-13 ½ in group 1. 3-5 years in group 2 and 3 or less in group 3. So I've had this infection for at least a year if not longer. Just finally did a CT of my lungs last year. I'm scared. Not of dying because let's face it no one is going to get out of this thing called life alive so it's inevitable. I'm afraid of how it's going to happen.  The loss of breathing ability. Am I going to feel like I do now. Not able to catch my breath. Is itbgoing to get worse. My oxygen is already dropping. I did get a lung infection from the biopsy so I'm praying for this to just be like a flare. But those are coming more frequent and are getting worse. So... I'm just here. Waiting.  

• Hugs 1

• Members

Never give up Goforth860.  Plus, the doctors, etc., aren’t always right.  Im thinking and praying for you.

God bless, Steve 

• Like 1

• Members
Tesswretched

Explore all the options you are comfortable with.   A palliative care team may be able to help with some of the anxiety of the unknown. I'm so sorry. Tess

• Thanks 1

• Members
Goforth860

Great news. I had my pulmonary appt this morning and he gave my life back. I have bronchial ILD it's exacerbated by smoking and other chemicals.I had quit smoking a mth ago due to a hospitalization because I was unable to take a full lung of air. After losing John I didn't know what was going to happen to me. There has been many things going on and things seem to be falling into place. My apt I'll be in by July 1st. I'm doing my best to stay away from the what ifs. Going down that rd is never a good thing. If is such a big word to be spelt so short. I miss John so much. He was everything ❤️  to me. My heart aches for him 💔 😞.  

• Angel Wings 1