Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Warning: Messages hitting up women

KayC

• Moderators

People can be very vulnerable in new grief.  This is a warning to anyone getting this message or one like it...do not engage...just someone preying on us.  I have no use for people like this.  He's not looking for "friendship" and likely hasn't bothered reading your posts.

My friend got the same exact "message" the day before.

Derek Mavis.JPG

• Members

Kay, I received the same message on Saturday.  I just ignored it.  My instinct said, this is phony.  I don't understand how someone can do this to people who are grieving. I won't respond.

• Like 1

• Members

Kay I just came by here today and received one as I was typing a reply.  Gross. Thanks for the warning I'm not going to open it.

Edited to say:  It was the same message that you received.

• Like 1

• Members

Thank you! Naively i thought he can be someone real look for friendship...

• Like 1

• Members

The name has changed on my message, from Derek Mavis to Mavis Adams.  Still the same dishonest piece of ____!!

• Confused 1

• Members
Goforth860

I just received thecsame msg a cpl hours ago. I knew he was a fake. Itvwasnt a comforting reply. More creepy than anything 

• Like 1

• Members
foreverhis

Thank you, Kay.  I reported him and then deleted the message.

• Like 1

• Members

Kay,

I also received the same message. I reported it and have now deleted it. 

I just hate that scumbags  like this are trying to take advantage of grieving people. 

Thanks for alerting everyone!

Gail

• Like 1

• Moderators

I did NOT remove my message from him but it's gone.  So is his profile.  However Mavis Adams is there, no posts, joined a couple of weeks ago.  I'm not sure how he's doing this but I reported it to Kelly.  This one is a little trickier than most spammers, harder to trace/eradicate.  This isn't over yet.

14 hours ago, annie123 said:

The name has changed on my message, from Derek Mavis to Mavis Adams.  Still the same dishonest piece of ____!!

Is your message still there?  Mine is missing...can you please post a picture of it?  The only proof we have of what he's doing.  BTW "Mavis" photo is a man.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Roxeanne said:

I think santiago jayden is the same trickier

True, he's playing with us....reported him too.  I hope you'll do the same.  this is NOT a dating site!  He's toying with us...

• Like 2

• Members

Roxanne, I believe you are right about santiago, he is on the soulmate forum, said he is looking for his soulmate here.  ......BS I think

Kay, my original message from Derek Mavis is gone, it now says Friendship, Mavis Adams

• Like 4

• Members
HisPumpkin

I got this too. Looked him up on Facebook, new profile there also 🙄

• Like 2

• Members

Thanks so much for all you do to make this a safe place to share our heartbreak. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gail 8588 said:

Thanks so much for all you do to make this a safe place to share our heartbreak. 

Gail you are so welcome! I am rather fiercely protective of this community! Glad to have you all here to find support on your grief journey.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 5/24/2022 at 4:16 AM, Roxeanne said:

I think santiago jayden is the same trickier

SantiagoJayden seems to be gone too, I did a search in members, not sure if he removed himself or Kelly did, but he's not in members and his posts are gone.

• Like 4

• Administrators
16 hours ago, KayC said:

SantiagoJayden seems to be gone too, I did a search in members, not sure if he removed himself or Kelly did, but he's not in members and his posts are gone.

I removed him KayC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Annie, he does has already been removed yesterday. Thank you for mention him though! I rather have over communication than under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members

Thanks Kelly, I thought I saw him online today, but probably not if he was removed. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, annie123 said:

Thanks Kelly, I thought I saw him online today, but probably not if he was removed. 

You can search members for the name if you wonder, I did...both profiles gone. If he pops up with a new one, report it.  We don't need players/manipulators. ;)

• Like 3