Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom in February.

Susan005

• Members

I lost my mom to cancer in February and I cannot bring myself to look at her pictures. I haven’t fully accepted that she is gone. I have been grieving alone and I cannot continue anymore. 

• Sad 2

• Members
Pragya vij

Hi Susan,

I completely understand what you are feeling, for months after my father's passing, I too couldn't look at his pictures, I still can't at times, it's been around 2 years. So give yourself time, it will get better. Acceptance is something that I'm also dealing with, it's difficult for me to believe that it's been 2 years and I haven't accepted that he's actually gone. I hope we can help each other and not he alone in this

• Hugs 1

• Members
23 hours ago, Pragya vij said:

Hi Susan,

I completely understand what you are feeling, for months after my father's passing, I too couldn't look at his pictures, I still can't at times, it's been around 2 years. So give yourself time, it will get better. Acceptance is something that I'm also dealing with, it's difficult for me to believe that it's been 2 years and I haven't accepted that he's actually gone. I hope we can help each other and not he alone in this

Thank you so much Pragya. I sincerely hope it gets better. I am so sorry for your loss too. We have each other now. 

• Hugs 2

• Members

Same feelings here. I kind of feel like a child sometimes but I also sort of deny that my mother is gone... as in it can't be true. I only find relief while sleeping right now, and hardly do that though. Awake too often. Still a shock every morning. Best wishes to you. Please talk to us, when you need support. I am completely new here and think there's people from all over the world. So the good news is: there should always be someone online... maybe just knowing we are all sitting somewhere, just like you, and read, makes you feel a little less alone. You matter! Dont give up!

• Hugs 1