Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my parents 5 weeks apart not coping

Sarahjade

• Members

I lossed my father 7th April very suddenly he was only 68. Then my mum died 9th may  heart attack due to possible overdose  the day before my fathers funeral . I am so loss my heart is hurting so much. I feel traumatised from everything.  I had everyone 5 weeks ago. Now feel like my world is a dark place.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I lost both parents within two years.  My only close girlfriend and 7 months ago I lost my boyfriend of 22 years.  Its totally understandable and normal for you to feel like you are.  You didn't even get to mourn the first loss and it's only been five weeks.  I don't have all the answers as everyone is different but I can tell you is that right now just getting out of bed and getting through each day is an accomplishment.  All you can do is take it day by day or even minute by minute.  The hole in your heart I believe will never totally heal but we have to keep going and learn to live with it the best we can.  It takes time and everyone is different.  I still have awful dreadful days where I just don't want to live anymore but somehow I get through them and push myself to find moments of joy.  Hopefully you have someone in your life who is there for you and is supportive.  If you don't have anyone who completely understands, you found a good place here. I'm here for you if you need to vent or talk.  Best wishes and hugs.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Dear Sarah,

I am very sorry for your loss. Please know we are here with you.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this sad and difficult time.

• Like 1

• Members
12 hours ago, Jen H said:

I lost both parents within two years.  My only close girlfriend and 7 months ago I lost my boyfriend of 22 years.  Its totally understandable and normal for you to feel like you are.  You didn't even get to mourn the first loss and it's only been five weeks.  I don't have all the answers as everyone is different but I can tell you is that right now just getting out of bed and getting through each day is an accomplishment.  All you can do is take it day by day or even minute by minute.  The hole in your heart I believe will never totally heal but we have to keep going and learn to live with it the best we can.  It takes time and everyone is different.  I still have awful dreadful days where I just don't want to live anymore but somehow I get through them and push myself to find moments of joy.  Hopefully you have someone in your life who is there for you and is supportive.  If you don't have anyone who completely understands, you found a good place here. I'm here for you if you need to vent or talk.  Best wishes and hugs.  

Thankyou for responding.  Today I got up to the news my mum will have PM Wednesday. Ive only just stopped crying after going through it all with my GP. I just count down the hours for the day to end. 

9 hours ago, reader said:

Dear Sarah,

I am very sorry for your loss. Please know we are here with you.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this sad and difficult time.

Xx

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Sarah,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult period. be strong!

We are here to listen to your thoughts. Hugs hugs

• Like 1

• Members

Grief is a rollercoaster of emotions with awful, bad, and better days.  It's so exhausting and overwhelming.  Hang in there.  

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss and for others loss as well. I lost my parents 19 days apart September 2021. It is so hard to cope with the loss of them both. It's not fair or right.... I have been the only child helping my parents for the past 10 years. And I still have no idea what to do. Or how to deal with it. I am raising my kids on my own and I am trying so hard to be strong for them but know I need to find time to grieve but I don't know how.. I don't know to accept what has happened or accept the fact my parents, the only two people that were always there for me are no longer there... 

• Sad 1

• Members

Its like a nightmare..its in my mind all day. Your right it isn't right or fair. I keep going over it all just doesn't feel real in my head but the churning in my gut tells me it is. I'm so exhausted from crying I haven't been able to today. Everything I hear my phone ring i know its not my mum she rang me all day I would do anything for her to ring. I'm finding it confusing to as a week ago my dad was constain my head now its my mum .I don't think I've grieved properly for my dad as I was being strong for my mum then she left me last Monday. 

Perhaps we coukd be strong for each other. I'm 43 and have children too so trying my best for them. Today we went to meriden a little village my mum grew up , I tried to get some joy out of it but very painful. I feel like its all to late now and should of done more with my parents and all I have is photos and memories.  

• Sad 1

• Members

I pray things get better. My Mother passed away 3 weeks ago and my best friend is moving to India and his week. Feeling lost