Exactly 1 month since my mom died

• Members

It’s been exactly 1 month today that my mom died.  It is still so weird. Feels like a dream. I look back at the times I talked to her and realize it was just a month ago. Feels like a lifetime ago yet at the same time can’t believe it’s been a month. 

I have been doing better than before. I’m not crying every 10 minutes and can get through the day without crying now.  Yet I’m not 100 percent. I know I’m having major mental health issues. I just feel numb.  Feel disconnected from everyone and just replying answers that I have always said. 

I don’t feel any joy and excitement and the days go on and I hardly notice.  People look so strange now.  I feel like I’m healing but also feel like it’s just be numb to it. 

I talk to her every night still. All by myself out on the patio.  I can’t stop. I miss her so much. I’ll never be the same person again. I’ll recover but not the same person again. 

• Sad 1

• Members
Chuck119

I lost my mom Monday. I'm in a total freak out right now, we were very close, everything that gave me joy. i don't care anything about.we lived together for 9 years and gotten close again. I'm in heart wrenching depression. 

• Sad 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon
19 hours ago, Mikek said:

It’s been exactly 1 month today that my mom died.  It is still so weird. Feels like a dream. I look back at the times I talked to her and realize it was just a month ago. Feels like a lifetime ago yet at the same time can’t believe it’s been a month. 

I have been doing better than before. I’m not crying every 10 minutes and can get through the day without crying now.  Yet I’m not 100 percent. I know I’m having major mental health issues. I just feel numb.  Feel disconnected from everyone and just replying answers that I have always said. 

I don’t feel any joy and excitement and the days go on and I hardly notice.  People look so strange now.  I feel like I’m healing but also feel like it’s just be numb to it. 

I talk to her every night still. All by myself out on the patio.  I can’t stop. I miss her so much. I’ll never be the same person again. I’ll recover but not the same person again. 

This post reads like I could have written it. We lost our moms just about a week apart. Just before I opened this thread I was talking to mine. You're right about people looking strange. Everything kind of does. I've lived in the area that I'm at for virtually my whole life but now it just feels kind of hollow.

19 hours ago, Chuck119 said:

I lost my mom Monday. I'm in a total freak out right now, we were very close, everything that gave me joy. i don't care anything about.we lived together for 9 years and gotten close again. I'm in heart wrenching depression. 

Sorry about both of your losses. Like the other post I feel like I could've written this one too; it would've been roughly 9 years for me too as of now that we'd been back living together.

• Members
Sarahjade
On 5/14/2022 at 7:41 AM, Chuck119 said:

I too loss my mother Monday the day before my fathers funeral. I feel just the same no joy in anything. I have alot of regrets to live with fir the rest of my life. I hope we both find comfort with everyone else on this forum . God bless 

• Hugs 1