Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The nice weather is increasing the pain

DWS

• Moderators

It's 34 here and I got snow for Mother's Day...so no nice weather here yet..  But I understand what you're saying, your loss is recent and as such you may feel leaving winter behind is kind of how I felt on New Year's Eve 2005, I didn't want to enter a year in which he hadn't lived.  And winter suits our mood more it seems.  But I feel you...

• Like 4

• Members

Thanks, Laura for the video. I've been following Jo too over these last few weeks but hadn't watched her newest clip. She definitely knows the timing of this is needed. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
CharliesM0m2012

Charlie’s memorial bush I planted (Bowles Mauve Erysimum) is bearing its first flowers. The weather in the UK is biblical about now. The nice weather does not take away from the pain of being without my little girl.  Charlie absolutely loved the summer and she liked to sunbathe.  Everyone used to call her a ‘summer girl’ - she had been born in August so it felt very fitting.  The springs and summers will never feel the same without my summer girl sunbathing in our garden. 😢😭

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

Mother's Day and Monday I had snow, today is supposed to be 69!  I let my fire go out last night.  Maybe I'll start seeing the signs of Spring yet...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
HisPumpkin

You know, about a week into D’s passing, I looked out the window and noticed all the green on the trees. Last time I remembered looking at them they were winter bare. I remember having a breakdown because it seemed so wrong that everything was coming back to life and he was gone. 

I’m struggling a lot with the longer, lighter days and the sunshine. The dark is easier for me, the rain is easier. I was so looking forward to this summer and all the things we had planned. Seasons changing is a painful reminder that everything moves on, when I am still stuck on that day. 

I’m glad you posted this and that other people get it. Folk keep telling me “oh, the weathers getting nicer, get out for some fresh air, you’ll feel better”. But generally I feel worse. 

• Like 3

• Members
On 5/13/2022 at 9:17 AM, DWS said:

off....all of it is killing me without Tom here to enjoy another summer season. I

Unfortunately, I know what you mean. There's already been an air show and now, an upcoming concert we might have enjoyed and summer is just getting started. It's going to be tough. The "one year mark" is fast approaching but with everything I've had to do, I don't really feel I've begun to fully grieve yet. And now here it is, summer flaunting itself in our faces. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, tnd said:

The "one year mark" is fast approaching but with everything I've had to do, I don't really feel I've begun to fully grieve yet.

No, you've been hit with so many other issues, no doubt it's put it off...there will be a time you can grieve in peace in your own place and time...you are in survival mode and doing really well to handle that!

• Thanks 1

• Members
3 hours ago, tnd said:

Unfortunately, I know what you mean. There's already been an air show and now, an upcoming concert we might have enjoyed and summer is just getting started. It's going to be tough. The "one year mark" is fast approaching but with everything I've had to do, I don't really feel I've begun to fully grieve yet. And now here it is, summer flaunting itself in our faces. 

Another aspect within all of this is that things are looking a bit more normal this summer after two previous years of fears, precautions and lockdowns due to the pandemic. Events and summer festivals that happened every year were all put on hiatus. With less restrictions and vaccine protection, all of the events are scheduled to operate this year after two years of going virtual. In my efforts to take things one day at a time, I'm trying not to think about all of that but, of course, it's not easy. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1