Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Happy Mother's Day....I Think

tnd

• Members
Canadagirl81

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's. I know today can also be painful for some so I'm sending love to those of you who have certain feelings regarding this day. 
<3

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

You all are sweet, and KM's post is one example how it's not always a happy day.  I woke up to snow but still made it to church, ended up doing a ton of dishes the men had said they'd do on Mother's Day.  Heard from my son at 5 pm, he had his father over on MOTHER'S DAY!  What?!  Yet it was his dad who called and gave me hell early am after George died for "ruining HIS Father's Day! (By MY husband dying on it?!!!)  I shake my head.

I never heard from my daughter.

At least my son said he'd come the end of this month and do a few things that have piled up in the last few years (electrical and small tasks...I can't get up on a stepstool and reach heights anymore without something to hang onto.  That in itself is about the best gift I could get, but I still don't understand his timing of asking his dad over.

At least I have Kodie, every day is Mother's Day to him!

It started snowing again last night/this morning, heavy wet sludge, hard to move.

DSCN1307.JPG

• Hugs 3

• Members

KM - beautiful! How lovely to start a new tradition for your kids. They will cherish the new memories you are putting in place for them.

I was blessed to have two of my sons and their families visit. They spent most of the day doing outdoor chores for me which was much appreciated. I cooked. A Mother's Day trade off!!! 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Thank you for the kind words.  I thought it was fitting to start something new and maybe still have part of the old.  June 17 is my wife's birthday so we might make breakfast and watch movies again on the following Saturday.  I do a lot for my Mom.  I started renovations on her house a few years back and last year it was landscaping and preparing the driveway for new asphalt.  This year is new flooring and paint.  Next year is siding and a deck.  I owe it to her for being there for me and also my parents got divorced 30 years ago and my Dad doesn't do anything for her.  I hope everyone had something positive happen on Mothers Day.  Wish I could help everyone out but I still haven't figured out how to teleport myself.  Stay strong my friends.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

My positive for Mother's Day was getting to talk to my friend George (from my original grief site, also we both help manage a couple of diabetic groups, worldwide), it was a great visit albeit by phone across the country.  I got a text from my daughter the next day saying she wish she could have called.  I think the hardest part was my son invited his DAD up for Mother's Day but not me!  Doesn't make sense to me...

• Hugs 1