Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hypocrisy Of The Lame

tnd

• Members
8 hours ago, KayC said:

people don't like us after being widowed, they're welcome to join us and try it!

Thanks, KayC. I feel that way about having Sarcoidosis too. While widowed! I already know who wouldn't last a day in my shoes. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Good! Because in my experience if you turn the other cheek with obnoxious idiots, all you end up with is bruised cheeks. And them still as clueless as ever. IMO such people often need a slap in the face right back as it's the only hope for the clue bird to take a dump on their head that they so desperately need. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Members
Gail 8588

@tnd  Have you had recent contact with your brother and SIL?  I thought they didn't know where you are. 

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, Gail 8588 said:

Have you had recent contact with your brother and SIL?  I thought they didn't know where you are. 

No, I have not been in contact with them. And as far as I know, they do not know where I am. I doubt I will ever speak to them again. I only brought up my SIL to use as an example of how an insecure person behaves. It is very blatant and obvious but nonetheless, cold and hurtful. She literally would always take a look around first to make sure no one could see or hear her before taking a jab at me. Too bad back then that I didn't have a way to record it. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
4 hours ago, widower2 said:

it's the only hope for the clue bird to take a dump on their head that they so desperately need. 

There she (Fran) was, barking at people while swatting flies and gnats that have come in thru that gaping opening at the bottom of the front door. I may have to point it out to her (again). Yup, I might have to be the one that dumps on her but not until she's got herself all worked up again and an audience present. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, widower2 said:

Good! Because in my experience if you turn the other cheek with obnoxious idiots, all you end up with is bruised cheeks.

:D  I try to turn the other cheek like the bible says, but always have to have my say unless I consider it'll be a wasted effort on dumb ears, which is the case sometimes.  Sometimes I let small things go but not blatant disrespect and ignorance, although I realize my words fall on deaf ears sometimes.  Standing up is more important to me than being likeable. ;)

6 hours ago, tnd said:

how an insecure person behaves.

Yep!  Insecurity is often the root of people's ill treatment, disregard, anger.

• Like 3

• Members

"Definitions belong to the definer not the defined." - Toni Morrison

• Like 1

• Members
HisPumpkin

I used to work with a woman like that: I call those people Dementors because they spend their whole lives leeching the joy from everyone around them just because they are bitter. I don’t want to be bitter. But when I’m real sad I tend to isolate because I don’t want to inflict my misery on other people. 

I do avoid them though. They also always seem to have a comparative to why their life is so much harder than everyone else’s, like stunning their toe would be so much more painful and debilitating than someone breaking a limb. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Yes it comes from the heart of the insecure and hurting to want to bring everyone else down.

• Like 3

• Members
On 5/9/2022 at 1:49 PM, HisPumpkin said:

I don’t want to be bitter

That's exactly what I say. I don't want to be bitter or angry or have hatred in me. That's why I am a forgiving person but it doesn't mean I  have to speak or  be with those I forgive. I just don't need the heaviness of dark thoughts weighing me down.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2